LOGIN

Razzball Nation!  Why don’t you have a seat?

Do you know why I’m here?  It’s because I’m about to recommend a Minor as your starting pitcher tonight for DraftKings.

JB, are you screen name MinorOwnsTheMarlins?  You typed “I see Giancarlo Stanton waving his wood all night at Minor offerings” did you not?  That’s taken out of context!!!

Our friends at DraftKings are back with another RAZZBALL EXCLUSIVE CONTEST where another lucky Razzballer will get a ticket into their huge $150K Walk-Off, where the top winner gets $50K.  Spots 2-30 win $5.00 so it’s like spending nothing!  The contest is limited to only 50 entrants so that’s a 60% chance of winning.  10 players have already signed up, so you gotta move fast!

Let’s take a look at last week’s picks:

Asdrubal Cabrera – 1-4 1 HR 2 RBI 1 R 1 BB 1 CS (16 pts)

Adam Lind – 0-4 (0 pts)

Carlos Gomez – 1-4 1 2B 1 RBI 1 R (9 pts)

Yu Darvish – 8.2 IP W 1 H 14 Ks (almost perfect! 51 pts)

Yoenis Cespedes – 1-4 1 HR 1 RBI 1 R (14 pts)

Hunter Pence – 2-4 (6 pts)

TOTAL – 96 pts

As Podcast host Nick Capozzi would say, “really solid week, eh?  My fellow Canadian was your only miss.”  Yea thanks a lot Nick…  The Darvish pick had me all giddy though.  I’m going to stick with a CI, MI, 2 OF, SP, UTIL as my picks and try to top last week (while also picking some lower-priced players), which I have a feeling will be near impossible to accomplish with that gem by Darvish.

Here’s who I like tonight in DraftKings:

SP – Mike Minor ($8,700) – A really solid debut for Minor last week, who went 7.1 innings only allowing 1 run, 5 hits, no walks and striking out 7 against the Cubs.  The Marlins are an absolutely terrible offense minus Giancarlo Stanton, and I think Minor will stay hot in this one pitching in spacious color-orgy Marlins Park.  He’s the best value at SP for me tonight.

CI – Adrian Gonzalez ($4,300) – Has multi-hit games in his last 4 and absolutely hitting the cover off the ball.  Gonzalez is 2-5 against opposing HodgePadre pitcher Eric Stults, who needs to go back and get his mask with Cher.  At a very reasonable price, I like A-Gon to go Gonzo in this one.

MI – Ian Desmond ($3,900) – After a rocky first series against the Marlins, Desmond has homers in two of his last three and is my pick for the best value at SS and in the middle infield positions.  He’s 1-3 against Gavin Floyd and Floyd, while improving to only 8 SBs allowed last year allowed 23 in 2011.  Desmond as a duel threat should garner some nice points.

OF1 – Jacoby Ellsbury ($5,000) – Has started off pretty hot this season, and is 2-5 with 2 solo shots off of opposing pitcher Jake Arrieta.  Ellsbury has also drawn two walks off him, which count for points as well.  He’s a little pricier, but worth the money for a bigger named OF tonight.

OF2 – Jeff Francoeur ($3,300) – People love to hate the Frenchy, but he’s quietly on a 6-game hit streak and has a hit in 7 of the first 8 Royals games.  He’s also 2-2 against Liam Hendriks who toes the rubber for the Twins tonight.  I always thought “toes the rubber” was a really funny phrase…

UTIL – Salvador Perez ($3,800) – Sticking with another Royal, Sally has gone 4-7 against Hendriks for 4 RBIs. I think this could be a solid game for the up-and-coming catcher and my pick for your backstop tonight.

If you have any questions about guys you like for your DraftKings roster or fantasy baseball as a whole, shoot your comments below:

RAZZBALL FINAL SHOT AT $50K