It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Roster Help Needed Please
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

A month into the season I'm just looking for some help with my roster. I play in a 12-team H2H weekly league with OBP instead of AVG. Must start C x 2, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, OF x5, Util, SP x 4, RP x 2, 1 SP/RP. We have 5 bench slots and a minor slot. Here is my roster: Clement, Snyder, Fielder, Wigginton, Andrus, Zimmerman, EY2, Desmond, Votto, Braun, Heyward, Austin Jackson, Alfonso Soriano, Span, Pence, Maybin, Willingham, Verlander, Nolasco, Weaver, Price, Slowey, Bills, Floyd, Valverde, Jenks, and Joba. Michael Stanton is in my minors slot.

My questions is generally where I need to improve my roster (either by position or individual cats) and I am specifically concerned about catchers (both). Clement because I don't know if he will do anything at all this year and Snyder because he is hitting now but won't keep the job when Montero returns. I'm also concerned about Wiggy at 2B because I can't be positive he will keep a job somewhere when Roberts returns and don't know that he is the answer at 2B all year even if he does. But if anyone sees other weaknesses (and strengths to trade off) I'd like to hear about them.

I obsessively look at the league's roster grid and here is what I notice. One team has V-Mart, McCann and Benjie Molina (with Molina stupidly in his Util slot). Should I go after Molina or shoot higher for McCann or V-Mart and what is a reasonable offer to start with? That team has A. Escobar at SS and not a very strong outfield. Another team has both Pedroia and Kinsler. That team has O. Cabrera at SS, Loney at 1B, G. Sanchez in Util spot, decent outfield but injuries right now (Granderson, Beltran). Yet another team has A. Hill and B. Phillips. Phillips seems to be either in the Util slot or on bench. That team could use OF help and 3B help, strong SS and MI.

Would really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Scout

Post subject: Re: Roster Help Needed Please
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 pm 

ScoutAbout wrote:
A month into the season I'm just looking for some help with my roster. I play in a 12-team H2H weekly league with OBP instead of AVG. Must start C x 2, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, OF x5, Util, SP x 4, RP x 2, 1 SP/RP. We have 5 bench slots and a minor slot. Here is my roster: Clement, Snyder, Fielder, Wigginton, Andrus, Zimmerman, EY2, Desmond, Votto, Braun, Heyward, Austin Jackson, Alfonso Soriano, Span, Pence, Maybin, Willingham, Verlander, Nolasco, Weaver, Price, Slowey, Bills, Floyd, Valverde, Jenks, and Joba. Michael Stanton is in my minors slot.

My questions is generally where I need to improve my roster (either by position or individual cats) and I am specifically concerned about catchers (both). Clement because I don't know if he will do anything at all this year and Snyder because he is hitting now but won't keep the job when Montero returns. I'm also concerned about Wiggy at 2B because I can't be positive he will keep a job somewhere when Roberts returns and don't know that he is the answer at 2B all year even if he does. But if anyone sees other weaknesses (and strengths to trade off) I'd like to hear about them.

I obsessively look at the league's roster grid and here is what I notice. One team has V-Mart, McCann and Benjie Molina (with Molina stupidly in his Util slot). Should I go after Molina or shoot higher for McCann or V-Mart and what is a reasonable offer to start with? That team has A. Escobar at SS and not a very strong outfield. Another team has both Pedroia and Kinsler. That team has O. Cabrera at SS, Loney at 1B, G. Sanchez in Util spot, decent outfield but injuries right now (Granderson, Beltran). Yet another team has A. Hill and B. Phillips. Phillips seems to be either in the Util slot or on bench. That team could use OF help and 3B help, strong SS and MI.

Would really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Scout

Clement's not going to be playing every day with Pearce being called up, so that's a real concern. Maybe you can trade Stanton and a spare part (maybe Desmond) for McCann or V-Mart, in that order. Or maybe Kinsler for Stanton and Price. Right now, Stanton should be your biggest trading piece if your league is savvy enough to know he's killing the ball in the minors. If Stanton can't be moved b/c he's in the minors spot, then how about Soriano and Price?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Roster Help Needed Please
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:07 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Hey, thanks Grey for getting back so quickly. This is my first year in the league but we did an auction (my first, don't ever want to go back to snake draft), which I think gives a bit of a better idea as to level of sophistication. My sense is that definitely some teams in the league would recognize Stanton as a significant bargaining chip. I'll see what I end up with (C or 2B) and then address the other need from there.

Thanks again!