It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I now lack a bench
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm 

So i won the league last year. This year I did my usual over-prep of draft work, and with the exception of Brett Anderson, I liked everyone I bought (but Brett was only 10 bucks, and for that K-rate I'd take a little injury). luckily this is a H2H league, so me losing for the next two weeks isnt terrible. But you gotta look at this team!

Soto
Fielder (where's my homers you fat idiot?)
Brandon Phillips (hit a higher average, jerk!)
Chase Headley Lamarr (replace my $3 chris davis)
Alex Gonzalez (ride the wind!)
Jason Bay (1st homer today, woo! thanks for nothing, jerk)
Josh Willingham (ride the streak for a few days)
Jay Bruuuuuuuuuuce (more like Jay Boos)
Justin Smoak (He's gonna hit like 60 HR, right? RIGHT?)

Jon Lester (stink, stank, stunk)
Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson (Texas pitchers? Oh, this can't end badly AT ALL!)
Wade Davis (Let's buy the rookie in the AL east, that's a great plan, Past Self!)
Franklin Morales and K-Rod (mediocre, but we all need closers)
Ryan Madson and Chad Qualls (especially bad ones)

and now, the BN/DL, currently ALL FULL. I have no bench spots now, thanks to these injuries
Nelson Cruz, Jimmy Rollins, Jason Hammel, Jorge de la Rosa, Brett Anderson, Brian Fuentes

I figure the only really droppable guy in there is Hammel, and as I'd be replacing him with Jason Vargas, Jose Contreras, Will Venable, Andruw Jones, Chris Young (who I just dropped, ugh), Scott Rolen (i'd rather have headley lamarr, IMO), the un-needed Miguel Olivo, the also un-needed Adam Laroche (Laroche or Smoak, any opinions there?) Fernando Rodney, Joel Zumaya, or Edward Mujica, I think I'll keep him. Maybe pick up some of those hot OF hitters on a day off for my regulars.

Grey or anyone, is there any advice or tips for this predicament? Or do I go with the Animal House quote of "I suggest you begin drinking heavily?"

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: I now lack a bench
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:48 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ryan Beariot wrote:
So i won the league last year. This year I did my usual over-prep of draft work, and with the exception of Brett Anderson, I liked everyone I bought (but Brett was only 10 bucks, and for that K-rate I'd take a little injury). luckily this is a H2H league, so me losing for the next two weeks isnt terrible. But you gotta look at this team!

Soto
Fielder (where's my homers you fat idiot?)
Brandon Phillips (hit a higher average, jerk!)
Chase Headley Lamarr (replace my $3 chris davis)
Alex Gonzalez (ride the wind!)
Jason Bay (1st homer today, woo! thanks for nothing, jerk)
Josh Willingham (ride the streak for a few days)
Jay Bruuuuuuuuuuce (more like Jay Boos)
Justin Smoak (He's gonna hit like 60 HR, right? RIGHT?)

Jon Lester (stink, stank, stunk)
Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson (Texas pitchers? Oh, this can't end badly AT ALL!)
Wade Davis (Let's buy the rookie in the AL east, that's a great plan, Past Self!)
Franklin Morales and K-Rod (mediocre, but we all need closers)
Ryan Madson and Chad Qualls (especially bad ones)

and now, the BN/DL, currently ALL FULL. I have no bench spots now, thanks to these injuries
Nelson Cruz, Jimmy Rollins, Jason Hammel, Jorge de la Rosa, Brett Anderson, Brian Fuentes

I figure the only really droppable guy in there is Hammel, and as I'd be replacing him with Jason Vargas, Jose Contreras, Will Venable, Andruw Jones, Chris Young (who I just dropped, ugh), Scott Rolen (i'd rather have headley lamarr, IMO), the un-needed Miguel Olivo, the also un-needed Adam Laroche (Laroche or Smoak, any opinions there?) Fernando Rodney, Joel Zumaya, or Edward Mujica, I think I'll keep him. Maybe pick up some of those hot OF hitters on a day off for my regulars.

Grey or anyone, is there any advice or tips for this predicament? Or do I go with the Animal House quote of "I suggest you begin drinking heavily?"

Thanks!

You should heckle Prince Fielder at a game and ask him that exact question. Can you package an injured guy and a healthy guy for two healthy guys?

C:
1B:
2B: Cano ($21)
3B:
SS:
2B/SS:
1B/3B:
OF: Bautista ($10), Gomez ($11), Myers ($4)
UTIL:
Bench:
DL:

SP: Jo-Fer ($4)
RP:
Bench:
DL:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:07 pm 

Do you think I should package two for two there? I mean, Cruz, Rollins, and (what should read instead of Fuentes) Huston Street are going to be back relatively soon; Lester has to turn it around, Hammel should be back moderately soon (it's a strained groin, how long do those take to heal?)

and i sorta like the rest of my pitching staff, especially as it's H2H and half the league doesnt really care. Cruz was carrying my hitters last week, but now that everyone's waking up i aint that worried. Personally, i feel if i go out and try to trade 2 for 2, i'd be getting a downgrade. But that's me.

And I will heckle Fielder any chance I get

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I would move K-rod and Smoak. I like the chances that Rodney ends up a closer (maybe move Fuentes as well). Smoak is all over the interwebs and his value is highest due to that. I would get rid of Lester for the right guy(s) too. Actually I traded Lester and R. Franklin for Lincecum not long ago. Probably package any of these guys with Wilson too, due to his value likley near its peak. What do you try an get back, you say?? Well, you need SP and OF mostly. Try for Denard dawg Span for one, as he is about to get more valuable I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I'd get rid of Hammel for a bat or another arm, depending on how you match up this week. Trading a RP for a starter could help and if you're going to trade Smoak, do it quick.

(OF): Hart (OF): Pagan (OF): JWill (OF): Edge (UTL): Posey (BN): Damon (BN): Tabata
(SP): Waino (SP): Hamels (SP): Hammel (SP): Slowey (SP): Cahill (SP): J. Garcia (SP): Medlen
(RP): Fuentes (RP): Gregg (RP): Rausch (RP): Shutdown Sauce

Obsessive Compulsive Fantasy Baseball. Three True Outcomes