It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The New Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:51 pm 

I'm finally getting around to throwing my stats together and I'm coming up with a problem. My main league is a keeper league where once you own a player he's yours for life. You can keep 6 of your 30 rostered players from the previous season and obviously, everyone is looking for the next big thing. While running through my evaluation process, I'm just not seeing a bunch of guys that look like they have the skills to really take that next step forward. So my question to the board is:

Which players outside the top 50 have the most potential to be top 20 stars in 2011?

I'm looking for opinions from anyone willing to participate. Thanks in advance for the help!

Post subject: Re: The New Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:12 pm 

Paper Tiger wrote:
I'm finally getting around to throwing my stats together and I'm coming up with a problem. My main league is a keeper league where once you own a player he's yours for life. You can keep 6 of your 30 rostered players from the previous season and obviously, everyone is looking for the next big thing. While running through my evaluation process, I'm just not seeing a bunch of guys that look like they have the skills to really take that next step forward. So my question to the board is:

Which players outside the top 50 have the most potential to be top 20 stars in 2011?

I'm looking for opinions from anyone willing to participate. Thanks in advance for the help!

Bruce, Andrus, McCutchen... Look at my sleeper posts.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 pm 

Believe me Grey, I've read them all. I find many contributors on this board extremely knowledgeable and was just wondering if there were some other opinions floating around out there. I think I'll reserve the right to disagree with Bruce (the Jersey Shore reference turned me off).

There are a ton of fantasy sleeper posts floating around but if you had to pick one player out of the multitude to make that jump who would it be?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm 

Bruce

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Bruce, three seasons at AAA:
.332 .374 .584 .958
He's legit.
His park is a homer haven.
Tough to find a better combo.
His September was a glimpse: .326 .426 .652 1.228

Phillips is no cleanup hitter. His 4-yr AAA: .274 .339 .418 .757
His last year: .276 .329 .447 .776 was 'simply' a return to form.
Don't anticipate a breakout from him. Bruce should move to that slot in the lineup.

Believe.

(BTW: I challenge Grey frequently--not on this one.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:44 pm 

Man, all aigns point to Bruce. I drafted him on the majority of my teams last year and he definitely showed flashes of brilliance. My only real concern is Dusty Baker. Dusty is a manajerk. He consistently finds ways to get the least out of his lineup year in and year out. Bruce could be batting leadoff on opening day and it wouldn't suprise me at all. However, its hard to argue with the logic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:02 am 

Here are my keeper targets that Im looking to get outside of the top 50.

Hitters:
Rebound: Josh Hamilton.
Future studs: Gordon Beckham. Andrew McCutcheon. Alcides Escobar. Elvis Andrus.
Long Shot: Colby Rasmus (I predict 28HRs, 20SBs, .280Avg, 80RBIs, & 90runs for 2010, and further improvment in 2011 making him a 30/30 threat like Sizemore.)

Pitchers:
Rebounds: Brandon Webb. Jake Peavy.
Future Studs: David Price. Tommy Hanson. Max Scherzer. Steven Strasburg.
Long Shot: Johnny Cueto (200ks, 3.50 ERA, 17 wins.)