It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Jeff Clement
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 am 

Hey,

I'm doing my personal cheat sheets here, comparing my stuff to the razzball rankings and i was wondering what you think about Jeff Clement.

Dude is available as a catcher in yahoo and as far as i can judge the whole situation, he will be given any opportunity to win the staring job at first base. His minor league stats aren't that bad and i was really thinking about targeting him as my second catcher. Now you didn't even list him. And somewhere in the middle of the list is AJ Pierwhatsoever. So I'm a little bit concerned, cause you didn't even list him and I was wondering, if you were just thinking of him as 1BMan (in this case i would understand not listing him) or if you are really that low on him. So what do you or anyone else who reads this think about Jeff Clement as a Catcher?

C Soto
1B Fielder
2B Pedroia
3B Sandoval
SS Hardy
MI Andrus
CI MiggyCabrera
4xOF Kemp,Braun,Manny,CarGonzalez,
Ut Heyward
SP Beckett,Hanson,Price,JoshJohnson,Baker,Ervin,Cueto,Masterson
RP K-Rod,Soria
BN Snider,AlcidesEscobar,Headley,SeanRodriguez

Post subject: Re: Jeff Clement
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 am 

Bob from Germany wrote:
Hey,

I'm doing my personal cheat sheets here, comparing my stuff to the razzball rankings and i was wondering what you think about Jeff Clement.

Dude is available as a catcher in yahoo and as far as i can judge the whole situation, he will be given any opportunity to win the staring job at first base. His minor league stats aren't that bad and i was really thinking about targeting him as my second catcher. Now you didn't even list him. And somewhere in the middle of the list is AJ Pierwhatsoever. So I'm a little bit concerned, cause you didn't even list him and I was wondering, if you were just thinking of him as 1BMan (in this case i would understand not listing him) or if you are really that low on him. So what do you or anyone else who reads this think about Jeff Clement as a Catcher?

I haven't seen anything that optimistic that he's going to be starting the year at first base. What's your source?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Don't know what Bob's source was, but I saw this: http://pirates.scout.com/2/944906.html

And here: http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/news/ ... p&c_id=pit

So it seems he could get the job if he doesn't boot too many in March.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:44 am 

A friend of mine lives in Pittsburgh and he told me about 2 weeks ago, that in different newspapers they said, he should be the starter, as long as he doesn't screw up the defensive play completely

C Soto
1B Fielder
2B Pedroia
3B Sandoval
SS Hardy
MI Andrus
CI MiggyCabrera
Ut Heyward
RP K-Rod,Soria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:48 am 

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10014/1028114-63.stm

hm, thats the only thing i found right now. Ok, lets say, that they at least will give him a shot.
What would you think of him, if he can really win the starter spot?

C Soto
1B Fielder
2B Pedroia
3B Sandoval
SS Hardy
MI Andrus
CI MiggyCabrera
Ut Heyward
RP K-Rod,Soria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:54 am 

royce! wrote:
Don't know what Bob's source was, but I saw this:

So it seems he could get the job if he doesn't boot too many in March.

Thanks! Yeah, it looks like a mess with Jones, Pearce and Church all vying for time in the outfield/first base. If Clement can win the job, he's a great late flier at catcher, think 20 homers and around a .260 average. I'll just have my doubts about his playing time until spring training.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.