Crapolanco now just Mehpolanco?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Frank Rizzo

Crapolanco now just Mehpolanco?

Postby Frank Rizzo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 am

Does anyone have insight into what Philly's lineup will be? Could Polanco invade the top 3? He is a very good hitter and gets on base. If he were inserted over Victorino or Rollins in the top of the order he'd be staring over 100 R's, 15 HR's (yeah, I said it), maybe 10 SB's, and a plus .300 BA in the face. He would actually be draftable in even 10 teamers.
Yahoo 10 Team H2H, 5 x 5, Outfielders position specific. Keep 1.
C - Yasmani Grandal LAD - C,1B
1B - Chris Davis Bal - 1B,3B
2B - Kolten Wong StL - 2B
3B - Nolan Arenado Col - 3B
SS - Miguel Sano Min - 3B,SS
LF - Bryce Harper Was - LF,CF,RF
CF - Mike Trout LAA - CF
RF - Carlos González Col - LF,RF
Util - Hunter Pence SF - RF

SP - Corey Kluber Cle - SP
SP - Gerrit Cole Pit - SP
SP - Hisashi Iwakuma Sea - SP
SP - Chris Heston SF - SP,RP
RP - Andrew Miller NYY - RP
BN - Carlos Carrasco Cle - SP,RP
BN - Clayton Kershaw LAD - SP
BN - Tommy Milone Min - SP
BN - Chris Archer TB - SP
BN - Danny Salazar Cle - SP

Grey

Re: Crapolanco now just Mehpolanco?

Postby Grey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:Does anyone have insight into what Philly's lineup will be? Could Polanco invade the top 3? He is a very good hitter and gets on base. If he were inserted over Victorino or Rollins in the top of the order he'd be staring over 100 R's, 15 HR's (yeah, I said it), maybe 10 SB's, and a plus .300 BA in the face. He would actually be draftable in even 10 teamers.

He's going to be the #2 hitter.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

HighNOutside

Re: Crapolanco now just Mehpolanco?

Postby HighNOutside » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm

He's going to hit 2nd and play third base. Not to be confused with Utley, who will hit 3rd and play 2nd base.

Seriously, Polanco hitting 2nd will be golden for the Phils. His patience at the plate and very low K rate should also help Rollins' steal rate. He has played at third before (apparently starting over 300 mlb games there) and shouldn't have too much stress in the transition.

The only problem I see is if he loses his MI eligibility. As a MI he ought to fit in nicely with teams that have speed elsewhere, but I don't think he makes the grade at CI.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”