It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Willingham, hate
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:11 pm 

Add/drop him a couple of times this year. Add him, he goes ice cold. Dropped him the last time he did jack against Oliver Perez, then he had like 39 RBI in the next 3 games or something and hit .570 with 62 homers in the next month.

Just traded for him. The last game before he joined my roster he had a 3 run homer. Since then, he's like 2 for 20 or something. I didn't expect him to continue playing like an MVP, but jeez is one good game out of the stretch too much to ask for?

I just seem to have the anti-magic touch. If fantasy ball was around in 1941, I would have stopped Joe D's streak dead whenever I felt like adding him to my roster.

Post subject: Re: Willingham, hate
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:52 pm 

Ha!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:31 pm 

Didn't wanna start Willingham, but it was a pretty good matchup against a crappy lefty.

Had Fox on my team for a week after Wright went down, he didn't start one game. (Also had Baker btw... and promptly ended his hitting streak - first game in my lineup - like clockwork) Finally punted for Mcgehee as Fox would be facing Billingsley while Mcgehee was due to face some hamandegger. So first game off roster, Fox has a homer and Mcg doesn't even play.

It's not like I'm trying to screw my team over. I should have gone on autopilot from day one.
---
Edit: Make that 4 for 4 for Fox. LOL.

Thank god my luck's not like this at the poker table.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:37 pm 

Smurf your luck's terrible.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:14 am 

My decision with pitchers is much better. I haven’t lost a single win this year by benching. I dunno why. I guess more chances to screw up with hitters. It’s not like I constantly mess with my lineup like musical chairs. Like with Hafner, I stuck with him for many weeks (cuz I had no one else), but when I finally punt, he hits a homer, also first game off roster.

Before July, I was actually pretty dead on with lineup picks, but after the calendar turned to July, things unraveled and snowballed. Maybe I was overdue. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:23 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
Add/drop him a couple of times this year. Add him, he goes ice cold. Dropped him the last time he did jack against Oliver Perez, then he had like 39 RBI in the next 3 games or something and hit .570 with 62 homers in the next month.

Just traded for him. The last game before he joined my roster he had a 3 run homer. Since then, he's like 2 for 20 or something. I didn't expect him to continue playing like an MVP, but jeez is one good game out of the stretch too much to ask for?

I just seem to have the anti-magic touch. If fantasy ball was around in 1941, I would have stopped Joe D's streak dead whenever I felt like adding him to my roster.

He, he...

Josh Willingham = "Buzz Killington", as he is known in a couple of my leagues. I think I've had him about 20 times over the past three years...NEVER AGAIN! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:16 pm 

Punted him on Wed. Guess what he does first game off the roster. 2 for 4 with a homer.

This is the third straight guy that I have dropped after a useless stretch who have promptly homered off the bat. In the case of Hafner, I picked him up and he was shit again. I basically got a 2 for 32 stretch out of Willingham and missed out on the two good games he had...

Man this crap drives me insane. Day after day it blows up in my face. How is that even possible. Statistically highly improbable.

I sat Doumit and Milledge against Wainwright and they collect 5 hits between'em. Had I started both, Wainwright would have thrown a 3 hitter. Started Shoppach and Pagan against Pavano (whose ERA was twice W's) and Pagan vs. Big Z. 1 for 9.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:50 pm 

You're like the polar opposite of a rabbit's foot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 pm 

Wow, this is amazing, I picked up Uribe yesterday and he had a big game! This is like the first time it's happened this year and I am shocked beyond disbelief. LOL It's like when your wife is always nagging in your ear about doing x and y, and then one day suddenly she brings home season tickets for the Giants.

Of course, my good fortune there has to be more than offset by Pena going down for the count. Now THIS is a familiar feeling this year.

Of my opening day lineup, now I only have Doumit and Dye left, two MVP candidates no doubt. Yay... I'm gonna steal and hide Lady Luck's bacon for the next five months.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:22 pm 

Wow, in order to make up for Uribe's big game, Lady Luck knocked Pena out for the season. You should send Pena a card.