It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Reynolds
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:56 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Beane Disciple wrote:
No I don't think you could get the hitters I listed straight up. If it were me though I'd do the same deal (Reynolds + Hamilton) to get a guy like Longoria, etc. Think about it- Hamilton might not be any good after this. He can't take pain meds, he's already slipped on his addiction, etc. Also he emerged as an old prospect, it's not like he was 22 when he exploded. Even so he commands a lot as a keeper because of what he did last year.

You're not giving up much by cutting Hamilton loose because he's not producing now and is buried in that lineup. You might not even want to keep him for next year. And I mean honestly do you think Reynolds will out-perfrom Longoria from here on out? Of course you don't. Which means if you trade both of them for Longoria your chances of winning the title will be higher and you have a guaranteed, bonafied stud keeper, no question. He's like the only studly young 3b out there. Plus you've got lots of other young guys that would be great to keep because of the upside. If I were you I'd push for a deal like that and I bet you could get it done.

Thanks beane, I think I will get on that and make a push for Longo. Hamilton was questionable for me as a keeper anyway and you're right he still has value as a keeper.

I'm sending that offer out now. Let's hope Longoria's owner bites.

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo
OF-(start 3) Braun, C. Davis, Kemp, Marte, Cuddyer
UTIL- Votto, one of the above OF
Bench- 1 spot for a hot-schmotato

SP- Greinke, Latos, M. Moore, Medlen, Iwakuma, Hamels, Gausman, E. Ramirez, H. Bailey, T. Walker, J. Tallion, M. Pineda, I. Nova
RP- A. Reed, R. Soriano, G. Holland, Balfour, D. Smyly
DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 am 

Make it happen man, I definitely think you're on the right track. if the Longoria thing falls through I wouldn't hesitate to try Reynolds for A-Rod straight up. Then you'd still be able to fleece somebody in a Josh Hamilton trade. Let us know it goes.

C- Wieters
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cuddyer
SS- Hanley
3B- Beltre
CI: Ike Davis
MI: Andrus
LF- Tabata
CF- BJ Upton
RF- De Aza
UTIL- Maybin
UTIL-Lind
B: Ackley
B: Dunn
B: Ryan Roberts

P- Greinke
P- Bumgarner
P- Josh Johnson
P- Cain
P- Marcum
P- Walden
P- League
P- Guerra
B- Balfour
B- Johnson
B- Broxton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:45 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Aaaalrighty then, I now have a tentative agreement in place for Longoria. However, Hamilton's recent tear has given me pause (I think that is the same reason Longo's owner finally agreed to the deal as well).

Is Hamilton just having a hot streak or is he back to his true form, minus the homers thus far? Who knows but it has made me think possibly I'm giving up too much. If Hamilton truly is regaining his form and goes back to being a top OF'er, plus Reynolds stays the course and hits 50 gazillion jacks this season (who knows about next year but Grey says he's not owning him and I do what The Man does) then I would be giving up a lot.

If the trade was to a last place team maybe I wouldn't hesitate but this dude is in contention as well.

So before I do the deal, I gots to hear from The Man (no offense beane, I appreciate your help tho and if it weren't for you I wouldn't have made the push for Longo so thank you)...

Grey- Should I trade my Mini-Donkey and Josh Hamilton for Longoria (10 tm keeper 6/4 h2h 5X5 yada yada yada)?

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo

SP- Greinke, Latos, M. Moore, Medlen, Iwakuma, Hamels, Gausman, E. Ramirez, H. Bailey, T. Walker, J. Tallion, M. Pineda, I. Nova
DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:48 pm 

That's a lot to give up for Longoria.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:11 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I had a feeling that would be the response. Thanks Grey, you are the voice of reason as usual.

A few weeks ago when the servers we're on the fritz for 12 hours or so I damn near traded Ryan Howard and Sparkakkis for Capps, JD Drew and a mint condition Ron Jaworski rookie card. Its a good thing the site came back up that night or I'd be screwed.

Well none of that is true at all, but you get the point. Without La Razz I'd be flying blind here. Thanks for all you do Grey.

And I'll see if I can swindle something more from this dude. Maybe a good SP or something shiny.

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo

DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:22 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Soooo what if it were Longo & Josh Johnson for my Reynolds & Hamilton? Still too much or would that be just right?

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo

DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 am 

Sounds fair, if you need a pitcher, really not sure what this deal is doing for you though.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Two things really.

1- I decided to lose Reynolds after you said (previously in this thread) that he's a guy that won't be on your team next year. Perhaps I misinterpreted that. Did you mean that he will be drafted extremely high by people and will be overvalued, or is it because he is having a stellar year that will not be reproduced going forward. I took it as the latter, leading to me trying to "sell high" on his value this season.

2- We only keep 6 batters, and I have seven, or even eight, I think deserve to be kept. Braun, Kinsler, J-Up, Sparkakis, Prince, Hamilton, Reynolds and Bruce. Trading the two questionable ones in Reynolds and Hamilton for Longo gives me 6 definite keepers, and adds a young ace to my staff.

I put my roster in my sig, with my definite keepers in red, as this is the team I'm most proud of. Through some luck, a strong draft and some good trades I have assembled a roster that I think can win the title this year and contend always. I say luck because I grabbed Bruce AND Hamilton off waivers after the all-star break. I guess hamiltons owner thought he was done, but I still don't know why he dropped him in a keeper. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a mistake, not idiocy.

Anyway that's why I'm trying to move those two. I got hamilton for free and I am going to have to let one of them go at the end of the year anyway.

Sorry for being long-winded, just tellin ya the facts jack.

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo

DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:43 pm 

inertiatic wrote:
Two things really.

1- I decided to lose Reynolds after you said (previously in this thread) that he's a guy that won't be on your team next year. Perhaps I misinterpreted that. Did you mean that he will be drafted extremely high by people and will be overvalued, or is it because he is having a stellar year that will not be reproduced going forward. I took it as the latter, leading to me trying to "sell high" on his value this season.

2- We only keep 6 batters, and I have seven, or even eight, I think deserve to be kept. Braun, Kinsler, J-Up, Sparkakis, Prince, Hamilton, Reynolds and Bruce. Trading the two questionable ones in Reynolds and Hamilton for Longo gives me 6 definite keepers, and adds a young ace to my staff.

I put my roster in my sig, with my definite keepers in red, as this is the team I'm most proud of. Through some luck, a strong draft and some good trades I have assembled a roster that I think can win the title this year and contend always. I say luck because I grabbed Bruce AND Hamilton off waivers after the all-star break. I guess hamiltons owner thought he was done, but I still don't know why he dropped him in a keeper. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a mistake, not idiocy.

Anyway that's why I'm trying to move those two. I got hamilton for free and I am going to have to let one of them go at the end of the year anyway.

Sorry for being long-winded, just tellin ya the facts jack.

1. Because he's going to go higher than I'll probably draft him. I don't see myself drafting a guy that strikes out 200 times in the first three rounds.

2. Just because you have to let someone go or got them for free doesn't mean you should make a different team stronger. If you can't get a decent deal, drop them over the winter and let someone in the league overdraft then next year. Bruce is not better than Reynolds or Hamilton.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm 

To each his own but I think if you can get Longoria and Josh Johnson for Reynolds and Hamilton it's a steal for you next year AND it gives you a lot better chance of winning your league this year. I'd pull the trigger dawg.

C- Wieters
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cuddyer
SS- Hanley
3B- Beltre
CI: Ike Davis
MI: Andrus
LF- Tabata
CF- BJ Upton
RF- De Aza
UTIL- Maybin
UTIL-Lind