It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:53 pm 

So I'm just thinking about Reynolds current 51.6 HR, 30.1 SB pace and am only now beginning to realize how crazy that would be...what do other people think of this?

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

Post subject: Re: Reynolds
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm 

Thinking it's just one of those years, and I'm thinking I won't own him in any league next year.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:31 pm 

I would bet that he'll be a top 10 pick next year...especially with Wright's piss poor power season and other top picks like Grady upsetting owners

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:06 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Thinking it's just one of those years, and I'm thinking I won't own him in any league next year.

Ruh-Roh... I've got Mini-Donkey slated as one of my 6 keepers for next season (Fielder, Braun, Kinsler, J-Upton, Hamilton are the other 5), but I've been getting trade offers out the wazoo for him. I figured I've got 50 donks on the board for next year no problem, then I read this business and you sank my battleship.

Should I be considering trading Reynolds away while he's got max value (been offered mostly lower-top-tier SP's but everybody wants him like fat kids want cake)?

Or should I keep him and his monster homers for the rest of the season, set the donkey free after I win the title and keep someone else like Bruce, G. Beckham, Pence, Bourn, Furcal, or Weiters?

10 team h2h keeper (6 position/ 4 P's) 5X5 if it makes any difference...

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo
OF-(start 3) Braun, C. Davis, Kemp, Marte, Cuddyer
UTIL- Votto, one of the above OF
Bench- 1 spot for a hot-schmotato

SP- Greinke, Latos, M. Moore, Medlen, Iwakuma, Hamels, Gausman, E. Ramirez, H. Bailey, T. Walker, J. Tallion, M. Pineda, I. Nova
RP- A. Reed, R. Soriano, G. Holland, Balfour, D. Smyly
DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:49 am 

I would keep him this year if you think you have a great chance at winning the title. IMO, it is worth it to sacrifice the future to win a title right now. You wouldn't even be sacrificing the future by keeping Reynolds this year because you basically have 3 options after the season.

1. Keep him
2. Trade him
3. Keep one of those players you listed

Those are all solid options and winning a title is definitely worth the gamble. It is not easy to win a title and if you can win one every 5 years it is a solid accomplishment. Go for the title at all costs this year.

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am 

@ Figgy: I agree with you about winning a title but your argument carries with it the assumption that Reynolds will keep his pace for the remainder of the season. I think he's long overdue for a huge slump. Look at his K #'s, they are ridiculous! He's in a hitter's park, he's lost his protection (Justin Upton). I think you can accomplish your goal of getting a better keeper while improving your chances for the remainder of the season.

Do you have another player you could slot at 3rd? In h2h format I think Starting Pitchers are huge for the playoffs. I bet you could trade Reynolds + something else (maybe even Josh Hamilton; I'm not sold that he's alright) and get a guy like Lincecum that'd be a huge keeper and would proportionately help you more in the playoffs.

Other guys I might target would be Miggy, Teixeira, Longoria, Holliday, Mauer, A-Rod (you might be able to get him straight up and I think he's going to be much better from here out although you may not keep him). There are others that's just the best I can do off the top of my head.

C- Wieters
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cuddyer
SS- Hanley
3B- Beltre
CI: Ike Davis
MI: Andrus
LF- Tabata
CF- BJ Upton
RF- De Aza
UTIL- Maybin
UTIL-Lind
B: Ackley
B: Dunn
B: Ryan Roberts

P- Greinke
P- Bumgarner
P- Josh Johnson
P- Cain
P- Marcum
P- Walden
P- League
P- Guerra
B- Balfour
B- Johnson
B- Broxton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:25 am 

If you can get one of the names mentioned such as Lincecum I would definitely trade him but I was going with what you said about being offered only low end top-tier SP..if you can get a Lincecum then yes, trade him...otherwise no

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:10 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I do have a legit shot at winning the title this season, so long as reynolds keeps carrying my team, but I agree that pitching will be huge come playoff time.

I have good pitching (greinke, lee, wandy, kershaw, the DLR, piniero, shields, harang and Price) , but it could be better. I can't get lincecum (his owner won't deal him unless its way too lopsided) but I could probably swing a deal for Halladay or even CC.

Its tough, though, to even consider trading reynolds because he's been so great. But I'm blinded by his bright, shiny homers and don't want to think logically that he could be due for a slump.

Maybe if I can't bring myself to trade mini-donkey I will try and move Hamilton + someone else instead for a low 1st tier SP. I'm iffy about keeping Hamilton as it is unless he magically goes beast mode for the rest of the season.

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo

SP- Greinke, Latos, M. Moore, Medlen, Iwakuma, Hamels, Gausman, E. Ramirez, H. Bailey, T. Walker, J. Tallion, M. Pineda, I. Nova
DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:20 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Beane Disciple wrote:
@ Figgy: I agree with you about winning a title but your argument carries with it the assumption that Reynolds will keep his pace for the remainder of the season. I think he's long overdue for a huge slump. Look at his K #'s, they are ridiculous! He's in a hitter's park, he's lost his protection (Justin Upton). I think you can accomplish your goal of getting a better keeper while improving your chances for the remainder of the season.

Do you have another player you could slot at 3rd? In h2h format I think Starting Pitchers are huge for the playoffs. I bet you could trade Reynolds + something else (maybe even Josh Hamilton; I'm not sold that he's alright) and get a guy like Lincecum that'd be a huge keeper and would proportionately help you more in the playoffs.

Other guys I might target would be Miggy, Teixeira, Longoria, Holliday, Mauer, A-Rod (you might be able to get him straight up and I think he's going to be much better from here out although you may not keep him). There are others that's just the best I can do off the top of my head.

Forgot to answer that question... I have G. Beckham to throw in at 3rd if I trade reynolds, but he seems risky for the rest of the year.

Do you really think I could get some one like Miggy/Tex/Longoria straight up for Reynolds? I never even considered that to be a possibility really, but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.

If I could get Longoria..... ooooohhh. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Fielder, Kinsler, Braun, J Upton, Hamilton?, and Longoria would be a hell of a core for my team for years to come.

1B- Goldy
2B- Ever-Cab
3B- Longoris
SS- Tulo

DL- B. Beachy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 pm 

No I don't think you could get the hitters I listed straight up. If it were me though I'd do the same deal (Reynolds + Hamilton) to get a guy like Longoria, etc. Think about it- Hamilton might not be any good after this. He can't take pain meds, he's already slipped on his addiction, etc. Also he emerged as an old prospect, it's not like he was 22 when he exploded. Even so he commands a lot as a keeper because of what he did last year.

You're not giving up much by cutting Hamilton loose because he's not producing now and is buried in that lineup. You might not even want to keep him for next year. And I mean honestly do you think Reynolds will out-perfrom Longoria from here on out? Of course you don't. Which means if you trade both of them for Longoria your chances of winning the title will be higher and you have a guaranteed, bonafied stud keeper, no question. He's like the only studly young 3b out there. Plus you've got lots of other young guys that would be great to keep because of the upside. If I were you I'd push for a deal like that and I bet you could get it done.

C- Wieters
1B- Cabrera
2B- Cuddyer
SS- Hanley
3B- Beltre
CI: Ike Davis
MI: Andrus
LF- Tabata
CF- BJ Upton
RF- De Aza
UTIL- Maybin
UTIL-Lind