It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 am 

just wanted to take time while on vacation and thank you for all your help and hard work in giving us this site. (i am typing this from a library in ocean city, md lol) had to get my razzball fix so here i am at the beach on vacation and in a library. lol
anyway, thanks to you and your help i finished first in my league by 13 games last year. although i lost in the finals of the playoffs as bj upton and quentin and sheets all decided that in the finals would be a good time to get hurt and some others were periodically rested as their real life teams were good to go. oh well.

this year i am in first by 3.5 as of now and i use only your ratings and advice on putting my team together. thanks.

i enjoy the humor very much and yesterday (again in the library) i busted out laughing out loud when envisioning alexi ramirez swinging at the pitch that beaned him as you alluded to in your writeup. very funny. the people around me either gawked or gazed or averted their looks as i couldn't help but laugh. funny stuff.

again thanks and one question. i have to bench one and can't decide. c v mart lb votto 2b hudson ss h. ramirez 3b branyan of lee dunn j. upton utl sandoval that leaves nelson cruz on the bench but he seems to be heating up again soooooooooo whaddya think? i could put v mart on the bench as he seems to be struggling right now and put sandoval at catcher and cruz at utility???

thoughts? thanks mke

also (sorry another question) i have the cubs a. ramirez coming off the d.l. and when activated one of the above must also be cut???? now that is tough one for me. i really can't cut a pitcher as i also have downs on the d.l. and when he comes off faser is a gonner leaving me with joba, shields, felix hern. gallardo, wainwright, carpneter, kershaw, bell, frankie fransic, franklin and the above mentioned downs. hmmmmm help

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:08 am 

yak rider wrote:
just wanted to take time while on vacation and thank you for all your help and hard work in giving us this site. (i am typing this from a library in ocean city, md lol) had to get my razzball fix so here i am at the beach on vacation and in a library. lol
anyway, thanks to you and your help i finished first in my league by 13 games last year. although i lost in the finals of the playoffs as bj upton and quentin and sheets all decided that in the finals would be a good time to get hurt and some others were periodically rested as their real life teams were good to go. oh well.

this year i am in first by 3.5 as of now and i use only your ratings and advice on putting my team together. thanks.

i enjoy the humor very much and yesterday (again in the library) i busted out laughing out loud when envisioning alexi ramirez swinging at the pitch that beaned him as you alluded to in your writeup. very funny. the people around me either gawked or gazed or averted their looks as i couldn't help but laugh. funny stuff.

again thanks and one question. i have to bench one and can't decide. c v mart lb votto 2b hudson ss h. ramirez 3b branyan of lee dunn j. upton utl sandoval that leaves nelson cruz on the bench but he seems to be heating up again soooooooooo whaddya think? i could put v mart on the bench as he seems to be struggling right now and put sandoval at catcher and cruz at utility???

thoughts? thanks mke

also (sorry another question) i have the cubs a. ramirez coming off the d.l. and when activated one of the above must also be cut???? now that is tough one for me. i really can't cut a pitcher as i also have downs on the d.l. and when he comes off faser is a gonner leaving me with joba, shields, felix hern. gallardo, wainwright, carpneter, kershaw, bell, frankie fransic, franklin and the above mentioned downs. hmmmmm help

Thanks for the kind words. Sure, bench V-Mart for now, but that's not a long term solution.

re: Aramis -- Maybe package Carp and Francisco for a better closer? Since you're a little weak in closers. Maybe package those two for one decent starter? Though your starters are pretty decent already.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.