Stanton or Beltre in a keeper league?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
tululush

Stanton or Beltre in a keeper league?

Postby tululush » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Yahoo 10 team, h2h, 6x5 including obp. Keeper league and you keep forever. Just have to forfeit the round the player was drafted in.

Already own Trout, Goldschmidt and Segura. After this draft keepers will increase to 7.

With my first pick (second round) if I'm deciding between Adrian Beltre or Giancarlo Stanton who do I go with and why? Thanks!
Yahoo 10 team, h2h, 6x5 (including obp), 7 keepers (Trout, Stanton, Goldshmidt, Rendon, Arenado, Scherzer, Buxton)

C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Paul Goldschmidt, Prince Fielder
2B - Anthony Rendon, Dustin Pedroia
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Danny Santana, Xander Bogaerts
OF - Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Alex Gordon, Melky Cabrera, Steven Souza

NA - Byron Buxton, Addison Ruessell

SP - Max Scherzer, Mike Fiers, Phil Hughes, Danny Salazar, Francisco Liriano, Taijuan Walker
RP - Jake McGee, Addison Reed

Grey

Re: Stanton or Beltre in a keeper league?

Postby Grey » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Stanton
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

tululush

Re: Stanton or Beltre in a keeper league?

Postby tululush » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:49 am

Grey wrote:Stanton

Thanks! The guy who picks in front of me is keeping Harper, Puig and Freeman. Really hoping he doesn't draft Stanton. He owned him last year and threw him back in favor of the three mentioned above. So I'm hoping he was a bit soured on his performance last year coupled with the fact that he already owns 2 outfielders that he may pass on him this year.

If he does draft Stanton and then I'm given the option of Beltre and Wright who would you draft? I feel I have to go Beltre there even though he's 35. Wright is 31 so it's not like he's THAT much younger. What do you think, Grey? Thanks!
Yahoo 10 team, h2h, 6x5 (including obp), 7 keepers (Trout, Stanton, Goldshmidt, Rendon, Arenado, Scherzer, Buxton)

C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Paul Goldschmidt, Prince Fielder
2B - Anthony Rendon, Dustin Pedroia
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Danny Santana, Xander Bogaerts
OF - Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Alex Gordon, Melky Cabrera, Steven Souza

NA - Byron Buxton, Addison Ruessell

SP - Max Scherzer, Mike Fiers, Phil Hughes, Danny Salazar, Francisco Liriano, Taijuan Walker
RP - Jake McGee, Addison Reed

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”