It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Why aren't the forums used more?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:44 am 

I think if you forced people to register to comment on the columns as well, then it might encourage more people to use the forums. As someone above mentioned, the fact that it's a free for all without registering makes it easier to ask questions there rather than here. However, I feel the forums are better suited for those questions and once it becomes habit people will come on here more regularly and create a more involved community setting. You'd still get a lot of replies on the columns, but hopefully a few more focused ones. It would be the best of both.

Not sure you'd want to do this but something to consider.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 am 

You have to enter your name and email every time to comment on a post...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:02 am 

Grey wrote:
You have to enter you're name and email every time to comment on a post...

Yeah I know but you are still not logged onto the site, so as mentioned many may not be bothered about logging into the forums. If you have to log onto the site as a whole (including the forums) you might get more people on here, especially if you could encourage people more. For example, you could start by opening up a type of mailbag on here where anyone can ask questions. Another idea is to start creating some threads to get people's input and create a column from time to time to direct them this way.

I know you don't mind answer questions on there and you don't want to force people, but wondering don't you see the benefit of more active forums and less random questions below the columns? I feel the site would be better that way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm 

I don't see the difference, honestly...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:55 am 

Grey wrote:
I don't see the difference, honestly...

Ok, I guess I'll have to leave it there if that's the case. It's a shame really, considering that these forums could be a lot more active and the site a lot more balanced. If I had a question, I would visit the forums first unless it was related to the column subject. Probably won't get many responses if I did post on here though. Oh well. The columns are interesting to read so I'll keep coming back, though rarely on the forums in all likelihood.