It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Late Round Pitchers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:38 am 

Like a majority of you, my strategy on draft day will include waiting on drafting pitchers early. Even when using my first 8/10 picks on hitters, there are still a pool of young players left that possess great upside and potential. Most are unproven, so it is tough to compare them. I don't know too much about these guys and its hard to know which ones to look for first in your draft. In order to be successful with the draft strategy of all out hitting, your pitching staff full of late round picks has to perform well. My pitching staff will probably consist of Alex Cobb and then more than 2 of these following players. Could you rank the following players, and maybe offer insight on how these guys differ from one another? Who are the best strikeout guys? Would you trust any of these guys as a 2nd/3rd pitcher on your team? So many questions, so much time before Spring Training.

Sonny Gray
Zach Wheeler
Micheal Wacha
Shelby Miller
Taijuan Walker
Gerrit Cole
Danny Salazaar
Patrick Corbin
Andrew Cashner
Tony Cingrani
Chris Archer

Post subject: Re: Late Round Pitchers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:20 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Start by clicking on 'Rankings' at the top of the home page. Scroll to the series for pitchers. Grey provides a short review of each pitcher. Then go to the overall Top400, which gives you a clear picture of their value relative to each other. You might want to check their ADPs to see if any are likely bargains/overpays where you will be drafting. Pitchers with higher Ks generally get higher ranking (all else equal). If you target one guy with higher era/whip then balance with another lower.

Quality of streamers will be critical to your success. The Stream-O-Nator a great resource. http://razzball.com/streamers
This will be populated with the on-going weekly scheduled pitchers.

Keep your pitching slots filled with CL/MR. This will accumulate counting stats. Just as you will with SP, target high K, quality periphs. Closers-in-waiting good options; weigh poor periphs--are they worth the saves you might get for the hit on periphs while you are waiting/hoping?

Have Fun!