It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Help from Grey and Razzball nation
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:13 pm 

Need some help on my draft strategy heading into my draft. I took over a spot in a league with some seriously wonky stats. Its 10X9 H2H 12 team league, that's correct 10X9.

Batter stats (Runs (R), Hits (H), Doubles (2B), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS))

Pitcher stats (Wins (W), Complete Games (CG), Shutouts (SHO), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9), Quality Starts (QS)

Knowing all of this, should I be looking more at a high end #1 starter due to the CG, shutouts, etc.
Or should I stick with the draft pitching later technique since those pitching stats can be lucky.
Thanks Grey and Co.

Post subject: Re: Help from Grey and Razzball nation
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 pm 

Nope, you need a high end starter...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:44 am 

talk about a league geared to hitters! With the format, you need to draft a high end starter or two to be able to fill out those pitching categories.

Personally, as someone who doesn't play H2H- lost enough weeks of football being the 2nd best team that week, I've never understood the uneven category distribution.

@friendoffantasy

C-
1B- Goldschmidt
2B-
3B-Machado
SS-
OF- Bautista
OF- Bruce
OF- Rios
OF- Puig
UTIL- Longoria

Bench: Pujols,

SP- Harvey, Miller, Samardzija, Cole
RP-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:03 am 

Thought so thanks for the input grey!

@jreason11 - totally agreed with the stats geared towards hitting. I usually play roto, but this is a friend's league so I joined. Now I just need to figure out what high end starters to grab for CG, and the rest is all hitting. Any suggestions on which starters would give me the best chance at gaining a CG? Never really looked into that, and guess it's just luck. Thanks for the help!