It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The League You've Always Fantasized About (Needs a Hand)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 am 

Hi there...
I run two dynasty pay leagues and two others. I'm handing over the two others in favor of adding 1 pay 14-team league.

I recruited and "interviewed" heavily for my pay leagues four years ago and had great success doing that in finding some amazing owners - active as can be and nice guys as well. These are 16- and 12- team leagues and we've had very little turnover in four years.

So, here comes the third league and we have 9 guys from our larger group already signed up just three days into the idea. I'm looking for some new faces to join this group.

H2H, Each Category (11 cats - R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, TB - QS, Ks, ERA, WHIP, SVS/HLDS)
$50 per season via PayPal, $700 pool, pay 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2 division winners and likely some to two 1st Rd. winners
15 keepers per season (no salary structure, unlike my other two pay leagues)
Limited yearly FA acquisitions (probably 10)
MLB-franchise hook (in independent site randomized order, you pick two MLB franchies in snake draft)
- to start league, each owner picks 2 players from first team (hitter/pitcher) and 3 from second (at least 1 hitter, 1 pitcher)
Earlier-than-usual draft starts in mid-January, offline (perhaps email like our usual but perhaps via Google Doc tracking)

That's it for now. I've developed a full League Charter already and the group we have on board in the next few days will do some voting on a few open-ended things.

If you're interested, send me a couple of sentences for now about why this sounds good to you. If you're concerned at all (me being a stranger and what not) the 8 other guys in as of this writing will all be able to share a bit about me and the leagues I run. If you've been long searching for a league to be a part of for many, many seasons - of great active owners - then this is it!

email me at: dw.reds@gmail.com

Thanks,
- d

Last edited by Johnny Leftfielder on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The League You've Always Fantasized Over (Needs a Hand)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 am 

You'll probably find some guys here. I play daily so I don't want to lock intp a dynastyleague. Too much for me being in a keeper already.

Post subject: Re: The League You've Always Fantasized Over (Needs a Hand)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:53 pm 

Thanks. I hope so. Razzball is where I recruited the first 15 owners four years ago. I believe all of those guys but one are still in my leagues. Just hoping to add to our mix. I'm by far more of a baseball guy but most of us do football together just for the heck of it. I also started a $60 hoops league last year with some bells and whistles and 12 of 14 continued this year. The two who left both cited job losses, sadly.

My point here is to again sell the league and the larger group of guys I've managed to put and keep together. With the third pay league, just hoping to add 3 to 4 like-minded new guys.

I'm recruiting now because we'll do the MLB-franchise randomizer draft in November. And, of course, this is the time of year good owners realize they're in a bad league and go shopping for something new.

Post subject: Re: The League You've Always Fantasized About (Needs a Hand)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 am 

Two more owners needed. If interested, let me know at: dw.reds@gmail.com.

If you'd like a reference concerning me, and I wouldn't blame you since I'm a stranger, I'll send the full league your way. I "know" everyone in there so far from my other couple of leagues.

This is a spectacular group of owners.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 am 

Still, just two more owners needed. If interested, let me know at: dw.reds@gmail.com.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 pm 

Here's the thing - and let me start by saying I'm not prone to hype - but this league I've been rambling about so far has 12 of the greatest fantasy baseballers (Grey's mom's term) of all time!!! I kid you not. Please note the extra exclamation points if you doubted me. Half of these guys were just this year listed in the Who's Who of Fantasy Baseballers, 32nd Edition. Most if not all of these guys were recruited right here in the Razzball forums - starting as far back as 2010. That last sentence is actually true unlike the lame joke in the sentence before that.

So seriously, if you are sick of your ridiculous league, send me a note and get in here. We will get started in November with the two-franchise draft. I have a League Charter just about polished up for anyone who wants to know more.

Really, this is going to be fun - and competitive. I know these owners from my other two pay leagues and a free league and it's no joke. Very active group. You won't be disappointed.

We got 12 in right away and have stalled as I really hope to get a new face or two. As I mentioned, these other guys are all part of a larger group involved in a few leagues together. With a third pay league, and some guys maxed out, we need some new guys.

You must join us. (But only if you are online regularly and can thus be available for the email draft early next year.)

- J-Leftfielder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:23 am 

One more attempt to draw attention to the new league.

If anyone reading this is intrigued, please let me know and I'll share the League Charter so you can explore it a bit more.

Thanks.