It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Thanks! and 2nd Half Feedback
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:42 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks Grey for doing what you do. In years passed, Ive had more time and taken your preseason rankings and added my highly informed (not) adjustments with good but not great results. This year I loaded your draft list, and using your draft strategy from years passed, drafted whoever was at the top of your list. I crushed the league in offense the first month and have been in first place all but 1 week.

That said the match-ups have been tougher of late mostly because of my pitching.

Here are my stat rankings through the first half.....
Hitting:
1st: R, H, E, AVG
2nd: HR, RBI, SLG
4th: SB, BB
6th: K

Pitching:
2nd: W
4th: CG
5th: K
7th: IP, BB
8th: L, H
10th: S
11th: HR, ERA

A couple things to know about this league....there is a move limit of 35 for the season (20 left) and although trades occur they are infrequent and often vetoed by the league owners for shits and giggles.

I normally only carry one bench bat and plan to drop Martin but have held onto Rendon as an insurance policy for Tulo (Rendon to 2nd, Zobrist to SS). I also know you think now is a good time to shop Choo which I will try to do.

The Arms that are available look like:

RP:
Ziegler
Melancon

SP:
Gorzellany
Pettibone
Wheeler
Erasamo
W. Chen
Doubront
Miley
Straily
E Jax
Kazmir
M. Perez

Whaddaya think Guru?

C: Castro 1B: Pujols 2B: Espinosa 3B: Aviles SS: Tulo OF: Trout, Aoki, Crisp UTIL: Denorfia
BN: DL: Zimmerman, Bruce

SP: Teheran, Sanchez RP: Reed, Janssen P: Tillman, Porcello, Iwakuma
BN: Cobb, Wheeler, Hutchinson, Fister, Liriano DL: Lindstrom

Post subject: Re: Thanks! and 2nd Half Feedback
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 pm 

Lose Hefner for Chen, lose Martin for Ziegler if you can move up in saves... Your hitting looks terrific, surprised your pitching is doing as well as it seems to be (keeping you in the game), looks like you could use another decent pitcher... Maybe Choo for Latos?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:09 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks Grey! Yeah my pitching has been pretty bleh and I entered the season with the #12 waiver so haven't been able to snag a waiver wire guy and none of the FA's have really exceeded expectations.

I made the Ziegler move you suggested and as luck usually does not have it for me the guy who has Latos also has Braun so I just sent him the Choo offer and he just accepted it.

As luck does have it Chen is gone. Doubront is gone from the list above and some new waiver wire guys include:

Nolasco
Kennedy
Santiago
Ogando (off DL)

A question:

With Grilli going down would you still pick up Ziegler or would you roll the dice on Melancon? I have no idea of course how bad the forearm issue is with Grilli but.....?

C: Castro 1B: Pujols 2B: Espinosa 3B: Aviles SS: Tulo OF: Trout, Aoki, Crisp UTIL: Denorfia
BN: DL: Zimmerman, Bruce

SP: Teheran, Sanchez RP: Reed, Janssen P: Tillman, Porcello, Iwakuma
BN: Cobb, Wheeler, Hutchinson, Fister, Liriano DL: Lindstrom

Last edited by stevelandr on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:04 pm 

Sure, roll the dice on Melancon

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.