It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Corey Kluber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 am 

Hi fantasybaseballers,

I was wondering what you guys thought of Corey Kluber on the Indians?

He's had 10 starts: with 1 against DET where he blew up for 8 runs (both Miggy and Fielder hit HRs), and his last start where he gave up 4 runs to the Yankees, otherwise, he's been keeping it under 3 ER per start.
His xFIP is an outanding 2.85 with a 9.85 K / 9. He's got a fine ground ball rate at 42% and has exhibited excellent control only walking 1.65 / 9. His BABIP is pretty high at .341, his left on base percentage may have a slight improvement to league avg, and his HR/FB is a tad high at 15%, meaning there's potential to improve. He hits around 93-94 with his fastball. He's putting up better numbers than league average in contact rate percentages.

His next start is in Texas tonight, which could always be bad for anyone, but otherwise, could this guy be a steal off of the FA?

Post subject: Re: Corey Kluber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:02 am 

Honestly I don't know much about the guy which makes me question how likely he will keep this up. There are usually good reason why someone like John Sickels doesn't rank Kluber in his top 20 of Indians prospects. Yeah, sometimes they miss one and a guy comes out of nowhere but they are usually pretty good. So someone not even in his top 20 makes me wonder just how long he will keep it up.

Worth running with as a spot starter but I do think he is at his ceiling right now and wouldn't be surprised if he was back in the minors by the All-Star break.