It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What do I do?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:08 pm 

I'm in 1st. So technically I don't really need to be doing anything right now except watch my team continue to produce. However though, there's this nagging need inside of me to plug all the holes in my team until it's completely perfect, and fixing the categories I'm lagging behind in. Take a look at my team and tell me what you would do. In my 10 team 5x5 roto league my principal needs right now are RBI's (3 pts) and steals (5 pts) (just picked up Pierre so he can grab me a couple). I could also use a few saves maybe as well. (5 pts). Moves I've been thinking about making are cashing in on Harvey for a big bat and perhaps looking for more consistent SS or 1B options, and I've been looking for some possible buy lows as well. So tell me, should I just stand pat on my roster given its success or work to improve it more, and act on this burning desire I have all the time to be making trades and moving guys.

SS-Josh Rutledge
3B-Evan Longoria
1B/3B-Nick Swisher
2B/SS-Andrelton Simmons
OF-Ryan Braun, Jose Bautista, Matt Holliday, Austin Jackson, Dexter Fowler
UTIL-Juan Pierre
Bench- Brian McCann, Norichika Aoki
P-Madison Bumgarner, Jordan ZImmermann, Max Scherzer, Matt Harvey, CJ Wilson, Alex Cobb, Sergio Romo, Chris Perez, Huston Street, Junichi Tazawa

Post subject: Re: What do I do?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:17 pm 

No matter where I am at in the standings, I am looking to improve my team. I agree that getting a better 1B, MI and closer would be solid moves. Look around the league for guys that are struggling or teams that have a lot of depth at these positions and see if you can make a deal. This is the best time to buy low on guys.