Jon Jay struggling; Taveras call-up?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
bergs101
Sponsor
Sponsor

Jon Jay struggling; Taveras call-up?

Postby bergs101 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

With each day that Jon Jay continues to struggle at the plate (0 for 4 today, thus far; batting 0.204 with an obp of .282), I suspect (as others have suggested) that Taveras is that much closer to his 2013 MLB Debut. How long of a leash does Jay have? Is Taveras tied to the super-2 status? Anyone know how St. Louis typically operates with their call-ups?

Mauddib

Re: Jon Jay struggling; Taveras call-up?

Postby Mauddib » Wed May 01, 2013 2:20 pm

The Cardinals have never been in a hurry to call guys up. Back when Rasmus was a top prospect, he got called up right around the all-star game, I believe. Miller was being talked about a couple years ago but he didn't get called up until Sept of last year.

Yeah, I think he gets called up before the all-star game this year but I don't think they will rush anything. Especially if they keep winning.

bergs101
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Jon Jay struggling; Taveras call-up?

Postby bergs101 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:33 pm

thanks mauddib. i also read on the mlb cardinals forums - so take this with a grain of salt - that the organization likes jay for his play in CF regardless of his hitting stats. they further stated that tavares is more of a RF'er than a CF'er suggesting that it will take an injury to beltran or holliday.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”