It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mr. Stanton
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 pm 

I have heard all the bromides, but this guy is close to Dunn-esque. He is pretty much un-tradeable at this point, benching would be next, thoughts

Post subject: Re: Mr. Stanton
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 pm 

I have always seen him as a Dunn type just with more hype. He might be slightly better but he has never put up the R and RBI that you expect with a 40 HR guy.

I would have no problem benching him until you see something different. I wouldn't be afraid to send out some offers though, you might be able to trade him for close to even value. Maybe make an offer on Heyward with another player and Stanton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:09 pm 

Mauddib wrote:
I have always seen him as a Dunn type just with more hype. He might be slightly better but he has never put up the R and RBI that you expect with a 40 HR guy.

I would have no problem benching him until you see something different. I wouldn't be afraid to send out some offers though, you might be able to trade him for close to even value. Maybe make an offer on Heyward with another player and Stanton.

I was able to trade Stanton+Headley for McCutchen+McCann. Then I turned around and flipped McCann+ for Wieters+

C - Devin Mesoraco
1B - Mike Napoli, Justin Morneau, Lucas Duda
2B - Neil Walker, Arismendy Alcantara
3B - Todd Frazier, Nolan Arenado
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Adam Jones, Khris Davis, Alex Gordon

NA - Byron Buxton, Andrew Heaney

DL - Paul Goldschmidt, Joey Votto

SP - Chris Sale, Max Scherzer, Alex Cobb, Cole Hamels, Sonny Gray, Collin McHugh, Jake Odorizzi
RP - Santiago Casilla, Fernando Rodney, Jake McGee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:41 am 

tululush wrote:
Mauddib wrote:

I was able to trade Stanton+Headley for McCutchen+McCann. Then I turned around and flipped McCann+ for Wieters+

Nice job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 am 

I know everybody has heard this but...last year he hit .243 with 1 HR through April. Then he hit 12 in May. His shoulder is dinged up. His K rate is up a little but it's a small sample. I honestly think he'll end the season with numbers right around what he had last year. The appreciation for his power is absolutely universal in the game. There isn't a scout, GM, manager, opposing player who doesn't think he’s absolutely legit. He has enough MLB at bats that we can believe in him as around a .260 hitter. We talk about guys getting pitched around, but what does that really mean? Do pitcher pitch around players with nobody on? Kind of but not really. Mostly MLB pitcher try to go after guys and get outs. He’ll see enough pitches and hit enough mistakes. Hit a lot of solo home runs. With a guy on 1st and nobody out do you pitch around him? Again, sort of but he will likely see a strike in the AB. It’s just a matter of him finding his swing again and he’ll be fine. I think the kind of trades I’m seeing put forth in the comments are borderline crazy. I think he’s a great buy low target.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I agree with oak. I'm trying the get him for moose taco + laroche as a crazy buy low. The owner says he is tempted, which I think is nuts, but people are selling low

C- Sal Perez
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Brian Dozier
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Alexei Ramirez
MI - Kolten Wong
CI - Anthony Rizzo
LF - Mike Trout
CF - Corey Dickerson
RF - Norichika Aoki
OF - Junior Lake
Util - Mike Olt
Bench - Alejandro De Aza
Bench - Abraham Alomonte
DL - Matt Kemp
DL - Cameron Maybin

PITCHERS:
SP - Homer Bailey
SP - Chris Archer
SP - Marco Estrada
RP - Ernesto Frieri
RP - Nate Jones
P - Rick Porcello
P - Drew Hutchinson
P - Brandon McCarthy
DL - Josh Johnson
Bench -Chad Qualls
Bench - Carlos Martinez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm 

Sweet deal...Weiters gets no love but is better and will get better

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 pm 

He's definitely hurting right now AND he's surrounded by AAA hitters. I assume Loria (being the jagoff that he is) will end up trading him, so I think he'll flourish in real life down the road.

As for fantasy right now...yeah, tough spot to be in. But you had to see this coming with that lineup and in that home park.

QB- Andy Dalton
QB- Josh McCown
RB- Montee Ball
RB- Giovanni Bernard
RB- Danny Woodhead
RB/WR- Pierre Garcon
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Victor Cruz
TE- Julius Thomas

Bench- James Starks
Bench- Michael Vick
Bench- Mike Tolbert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 pm 

Just bought stanton in a 10 team keeper league where we keep 6 every year with no keeper restrictions or penalties. Gave up alex gordon, shane victorino, and next years 1st round pick (7th round). Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm 

Hear that noise? Yeah that was the window to buy low on Giancarlo slamming shut.