It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Zimmerman on DL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:37 am 

BluePulaski wrote:
drop Aybar and Morneau...you have plenty of SS depth...pick up Reynolds and Rendon...Reynolds is mashing the ball right now...you take a bit of a hit in AVG sure but he's out-hitting Morneau overall in a potent Oriole lineup...

Rendon is an elite prospect who can hit for AVG...he will help offset Reynolds' low AVG and Reynolds with offset Rendon's lack of power...Rendon is that handcuff for Zimmerman...you should own him...if Rendon hits well, there is a chance he stays up even if Zimmer is back sooner vs. later...and odds are that Zimmer looms on the DL or goes back on there soon enough...there is no guarantee...take the risk on Rendon's upside

Although, I already picked up Reynolds, I just read that Raynolds is facing Jose Quintana, Chris Sale and Jake Peavy to begin this week. All pitching great and two whom are shouthpaws. Don't those seem like shaky starts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:58 pm 

Mark Reynolds is one of the hotter hitters in baseball too...you could make the argument that...in a vaccum...where fantasy fortunes are decided by 1-on-1 matchups between pitchers and hitters that you might not want Sale, Peavy, or Quintana facing one Mark Reynolds in a tie game with the bases loaded in the 9th. Reynolds has stuggled vs. Peavy, been so-so vs. Quintana, and done well vs. Sale in (Quintana's, Sale's young careers).

I have no problem with you playing a better matchup on a given day if you have a better option (park, pitcher, hitter) but Reynolds will cool off when he cools off...the bottom will fall out...for now....ride 'im.

Re: Aybar and Hart
I see what you are saying...you know your league...but to me...Aybar is a guy coming off the DL that I own if I have room and there is not a better DL guy to stash...Hart is a guy I keep on the DL and only drop if I don't have room and my season is in jeopardy...Hart is undervalued... Aybar hits for a better AVG..a little...and gets more steals...Hart hit 30 HRs last year and 26 the year before...there aren't too many guys on the wire that can do that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:24 pm 

Aybar is expected to come off the DL on Thurs...assuming you can hold out, you can just switch them up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:34 pm 

BluePulaski wrote:
Aybar is expected to come off the DL on Thurs...assuming you can hold out, you can just switch them up.

I probably will do that. I still like the idea of grabbing Anthony Rendon (Was - 3B). But then the issue comes back, how would I fit him on the roster? I have to keep Aybar and Hart.