It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Why is this confusing me?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:47 pm 

Hey guys I am pretty new at FLB and I had a question that has been bugging me since my draft. I see that a player that I drafted such as Carlos Gonzalez was projected higher than most other outfielders. In rank at least. But then when I see him on my actual team page, he has way less projected overall points (the ones beside their name and stats description) than those same outfielders that were ranked lower than him. For instance, my page shows that Jason Heyward has more projected points for the season than Cargo, but Cargo was ranked way higher than Heyward in my (snake) draft. It seems like the rankings differ entirely than the snake draft rankings. Why is this? It's not positional scarcity because they are both outfielders. This applies to a lot of people I drafted, not just OF. The categories for batters are just the usual TB, SB, BB, R, RBI and K's. Like I said, I'm new at this so if it's a very obvioius answer, please make it sound a little less obvious. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Why is this confusing me?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 am 

Not completely sure without knowing where you play but a lot of times rankings are based on roto and not points leagues. While some of the players wouldn't change no matter what kind league you played in, in points leagues, speed isn't as valuable as it is in a roto league.

Post subject: Re: Why is this confusing me?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm 

I'm in a h2h pts league and I just looked, Cargo is ranked 14th among OF in my league. Pretty depressing. Same thing happened with Goldshmidt. He's way down the list behind Laroche and Rizzo.