It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Could really use some HARSH productive criticism 12-Roto 5x5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 am 

I'm so used to auction drafts at this point that this felt entirely foreign to me going back, and I'm not sure I'm all that satisfied with the team I walked out with. Definitely reached for starters too early, got too much OF, and waited on middle infield and closers much too late. Could really use some harsh analysis on trade bait/waiver fodder/weaknesses.

Best FA's available that I can see: Youk, Gyorko, Jed Lowrie, Cozart, Segura, Bud Norris, THanson, KJansen, BParnell, VPasterno

Standard oldschool 12-team Roto 5x5:

C - M.Montero (140th)
1B - JVotto (5th)
2B - N Walker (221st)
SS - J Rutledge (125th)
3B - A Beltre (20th)
OF - B. Harper (29th)
OF - BJ Upton (77th)
OF - SS Choo (68th)
UTIL - Austin Jackson (101st)
UTIL - Ike Davis (116th)
BE - Adam Eaton (245th)
BE - N Cruz (197th)

SP - M Cain (44th)
SP - M Scherzer (53rd)
SP - K Medlen (97th)
SP - A. Sanchez (164th)
RP - C. Perez (188th)
RP - B. Rondon (236th)
P - M. Harvey (149th)
P - T. Lincecum (173rd)
P - T. Milone (212th)
BE - R. Dempster (269th)
BE - M. Estrada (260th)

Post subject: Re: Could really use some HARSH productive criticism 12-Roto 5x5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 am 

Well I don't have much harsh criticism for you. I don't see any major weaknesses out side of RP. Your infield seems ok maybe not great but ok. I could be tempted to drop Walker and start with Gyorko hoping that he has more upside. Walker is who he is and is the safer route though. RP could become a problem. Neither Perez or Rondon are guarantees so I would watch for any closers that might lose their job in the first couple months.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:59 am 

I'd send Dempster to the dumpster and grab Parnell for closing help since Francisco is iffy. Agree on Walker. Since Rutledge will get 2B shortly you could potentially keep your eyes open for either a 2B or SS replacement down the road (Segura possibly or maybe even Dee Gordon since Hanley is ailing). Walker is o.k. in that he doesn't hurt you in any category but he doesn't really help you in any of them either.

P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:20 pm 

Thanks for the reply. Not really sure a Rutledge/Seguara is really going to be an improvement over a Walker/Rutledge, some speed but I hope I've got that somewhat covered with Upton/Eaton/Choo/Harper but I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Dropped Dempster for Kenley Jansen for now, I've got a bit more faith in his numbers than Parnell, even if his odds of getting the gig are a bit lower at the moment.