It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Stanton-Hamilton-Cargo-Upton
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:31 am 

H-2-H points league (1pt for 1B/BB, 2-2b, 3-3b, 4-HR, 1-RBI/R, 2-SB, -1-CS, -.5-K)

I currently have Stanton, Hamilton, Cargo and Upton ranked in that order in the above league. CBS rankings don't see it that way but I follow this site a lot. The problem is in adjusting from where all the chatter is Roto based and K's don't come into play but BBs do. If Cargo would stay healthy, I could deal with the road splits and he would head the list but that risk level of games lost is killer. Hamilton has the health questions, park change against him but he has never had that kind of line-up but I guess the Rangers are close. His swing and miss is ugly but you have the quitting chewing tobacco and the eyesight issue gone. Stanton's only issues are the lack of support around him and he K's a lot. Could we see him swinging at a lot more balls outside of the strike zone?

Except for this site, I see Upton ranked last of these guys but he almost has as much upside without health risks right now. Does he fulfill his potental this season?

Give me some perspective on seperating these guys in a points league if you can. Help me understand why you rank them how you do. Incidentally, I have Cabrera going first and am picking him in a 12 team mixed. Guys with question marks are avoided with these owners in my league.

Post subject: Re: Stanton-Hamilton-Cargo-Upton
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:08 am 

I like Upton the most. So much upside here and I think a change of scenery will be good for him. Then Cargo because he seems the safer option. Stanton would be next but I down grade him because of the strike outs and I just don't see a high level of production with that lineup. Hamilton is last because of health and moving away from the Texas ballpark.