It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dynasty Team trades help [UPDATE READ]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:34 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So the team below is a Dynasty Team i took over last year, i have been making moves here and there and have come up with this. I am looking to move the following players while their value is high

-Allan Craig
-Chase Headley
-Brett Anderson
-Maybe Manny Machado(Which is still in my minors roster)

I have already made my first deal of the season

I dealt

Kolten Wong, Chris Archer & Austin Meadows

for

Josh Rutledge & Chris Carter

What should i ask for when trading the players above(Names)? It's a Yahoo H2H 18 Teams

Stats
Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Have been offered the following

Trade 1

I get

Hosmer & Archie Bradley

I give

Machado

Hosmer would fill my 1B spot for the future since i already have Longo

Trade 2

I get

Shin-Soo-Choo & Bundy OR Wheeler(Mets)

i give

Headley & Brett Anderson

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 8.30.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 8.30.39 AM.png [ 34.01 KiB | Viewed 233 times ]

Last edited by FantasyJunkie787 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dynasty Team trades help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 am 

Sorry but you are asking for information that will be hard to give. I could come up with certain players that you should look to get but when you are doing trades especially in dynasty leagues, you need to be looking at what other teams needs are and then try and make a deal for certain guys. Rather than looking to get a particular player because if the owner of that player doesn't have a need that you can help him with, then there is no incentive for him to do the deal.

One question I have for you, is why are you wanting to trade these guys? Craig is pretty good and unless you trade him for another LF it will create a whole in your lineup. Manny Machado is gold in a league like this. I could see dealing him if you are on the cusp of winning a title but not if you are rebuilding.

I could see dealing Headley but I would be looking to get a SS in return. So look through the league and see what teams need a 3B and then of those teams who has multiple SS. Most teams won't deal their only SS to fill a 3B hole but they might so also worth throwing out offers there if you like a particular SS.

I would probably hang on to Anderson and let him build some more value. I think he is an up and coming SP that has had injury problems. You might be able to get a lot more for him in a couple months.

Post subject: Re: Dynasty Team trades help [UPDATE READ]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:59 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ok so this two trades got done, tell me what you think

i got

Hosmer,Archie Bradley & Castellanos

i gave up

matt barnes & machado

trade 2

i gave headley and kyle parker

i got

Choo & zach wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:25 am 

I love trade #1.. Hosmer and Machado are pretty even IMO. People are more high on Machado right now because he hasn't failed at the MLB level but in 2-3 years I think both are top 25 players. So getting Bradley in the deal pushes it in your favor.

The second deal I don't like. Wheeler is a solid up and coming pitcher. Still some question marks though and as all prospects are, he is no sure thing. Choo is good but he is one the downside of his career. I like that he moved to a hitter friendly ballpark but Headley is still pretty young and could easily repeat those numbers from last year. I think I would have kept Headley in a dynasty league. Plus Parker had a very nice year last year and is kind of what you want Wheeler to be expect that he is already there. So I don't really feel you gained much in this deal and if Headley repeats, then you lose by a decent margin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I see what you say about Headley i guess my thought process there was the fact that i think Choo would be more solid that Craig in RF and i don't think Headley will repeat this year, plus i was gonna drop Parker from my minors team, so i could draft Goodwin from the Nats, and i like wheeler a lot my pitching sucks booty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:11 pm 

Best part of the original post:

I give

Headly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 pm 

You'd be surprised how much will be offered when you're willing to give Headley...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I mean i think i got enough for him, since i already have a a 3B in Longoria, Choo is just 2 years older, and i think like grey in the fact that he might outproduce headley plus i got wheeler