It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dynasty League Q
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Is Bryce Harper a 1st round pick in a Dynasty League? Also what about guys like Oscar Taveras, Will Myers, in what rounds should i pick them, it's a 16 team H2H league Dynasty League we keep all players.

Post subject: Re: Dynasty League Q
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:08 pm 

Not sure I think I he should go that high but I wouldn't be surprised if he were to go that high. Really depends on how you are wanting to build your team. I usually want to win now and will worry about the future later so I take the best players available. But if you want to focus on the coming years, then maybe first round but only later first round. Too many good young players that should go before him.

Other guys, maybe a slight bumpb into the 10-15 round but I wouldn't take them much higher. Too much risk still with them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:41 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

But isn't Harper a good bet to be among first rounders next year?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm 

Is he? I think he has a chance but that doesn't mean much. He is still only 20 years old and there is no telling what happens. Again, not a bad move but you have to realize just how hard it is to be a top 15 player. Last year people were all over Lawrie and Hosmer and look where they are this year. Same thing back when Heyward came up.

Yes he is going to be really good but is it going to happen this year, odds aren't in his favor. Of course he is an uber talent so you could take the risk but realize just how young he is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:27 pm 

FantasyJunkie787 wrote:
Is Bryce Harper a 1st round pick in a Dynasty League? Also what about guys like Oscar Taveras, Will Myers, in what rounds should i pick them, it's a 16 team H2H league Dynasty League we keep all players.

What are the settings? Can you keep the player for many years with no penalty? Do the players have contracts?

If it is a very simple setup and you could keep Harper year after year after year, then I would say he is worth a first round pick.

If he would be signed to a 3 or 4-year contract, then I would say second round is more appropriate

Please let me know your basic league setup. I am deciding between the keeper or dynasty route myself for a new league to begin soon. You might give me a good idea about something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

yeah, we just keep everyone, no contracts no salaries no nothing, you draft him you keep him