It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: @Scott Evans rookie guy or any rookie junkie also to grey
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Where would you pick guys like Oscar Taveras & Wil Myers in a Dynasty league 16 teams h2h, we keep everyone, also what younger guys you like for the coming years, that are currently not on many people radar, maybe a guy like Gustavo Cabrera the guy the giants signed last year in the intl draft, also to Grey, in a dynasty league do your SS & 2B ranks change when talking about importance since they carrie over year to year, say i guy like a Tulo & Cano combo would be a good combo since 2B & ss are still not looking good for the future

Post subject: Re: @Scott Evans rookie guy or any rookie junkie also to grey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 am 

This is the first year of the league, I take it? Otherwise, I figure guys like Taveras & Myers would already be kept. In any case, in a dynasty like this, & if you're drafting the league new, sure-thing prospects like Wil & Oscar could go as high as the 5th rd. That may seem absurdly high for guys who haven't reached the bigs, but they'll be invaluable to you for years to come. In the earlier rounds, try to target MLB talent ages 25 & younger... the whole idea here is to set yourself up for success for the long-haul, so if you can put together a core of established mid-20s impact guys, you'll be in good shape.

A few under-the-radar prospects I like: Jorge Bonifacio (KC); Adalberto Mondesi (KC); Dan Vogelbach (CHC); Luigi Rodriguez (CLE)...

The whole aging SS ---> 2B thing is a bit of a gamble. My advice would be to tempt another owner with that thought & dump the vets for talented youth. Gotta stay ahead of the age curve in dynasties.

Twitter: @R_ScottE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks for the info scott, would you agree that with guys like taveras & Myers i should target 25 & under players that are corner & middle infielders in the earlier rounds?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 pm 

Yeah, target young infielders. At first base you could try for Freddie Freeman or Ike Davis. At 3B maybe you could target Matt Davidson, Jedd Gyorko, Kaleb Cowart, Anthony Rendon, Brett Lawrie and Miguel Sano. Maybe focus on the CIs. If you don't get Profar, then worry about MIs after you get a couple CIs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Would you consider taking Profar in the 4th round? over Starlin Castro?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:35 pm 

If you want to win this year, take Castro. If this year is more about building, then Profar might be a better choice. Castro could wind up being a 3rd baseman in a few years. Profar seems more likely to stay in the middle.