SP or RP

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!

SP or RP

Postby MickeyRivers » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 pm

I’m in a 6×6 league with OPS and QS as the extra categories. We’re allowed a min/max starts of 5/12 per week. With this format, I think it increases the value of SPs and decreases the value of closers. Would you agree? In this format, would you rather have Garza or Nathan?

Re: SP or RP

Postby Mauddib » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 pm

I am not sure how much it changes things for me anyway. I already don't think much of SP and even less of RP. Flip a coin really. Not very into Garza although if he can stay healthy he is a solid SP, maybe #3/4. Nathan is a solid RP but he is also nearing 40 and that would worry me because everyone takes falls off at some point. Gun to my head, Nathan because I feel I could find enough SP on the WW.

Re: SP or RP

Postby hollywoodnights » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Starter over reliever is always the rule in fantasy. RPs are like catchers. You can get good ones very cheap. Look at what happened with Fernando Rodney last season. I actually believe the exact opposite of what Mauddib said: you can find RPs on the waiver wire easily.

What do you lose by keeping Garza/Nathan is really the question? If you can just keep them for free than Garza. Good K/9 pitchers are hard to come by.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”