It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Walker or Espinosa?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:53 am 

which 2B is more likely to break out next season?

Post subject: Re: Walker or Espinosa?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 am 

Espinosa maybe. I don't see either having a "break out" anytime soon. I think Espinosa might have the better production with 20/20 a possibility but I don't see either breaking into the top 5 or so of 2B.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 am 

espinosa's AVG could climb if he cut his strikeouts but hes been a 150 plus strikeout guy for 2 years so may not likely happen. also could see him get closer to 100 runs in Washingtons lineup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm 

kothatsme wrote:
espinosa's AVG could climb if he cut his strikeouts but hes been a 150 plus strikeout guy for 2 years so may not likely happen. also could see him get closer to 100 runs in Washingtons lineup

That is kind of what I like about him, is that he has a better lineup around him which should equate to some better numbers. But that avg isn't going to be great and might drop some. His K% hasn't gotten better over the past two seasons while his BB% has gotten worse. Add in that his BABIP was probably a little high last year so any regression there is going to hurt his avg. I think he is what he is, a nice 2B if you miss out on the top guys but not someone who is likely to be anything more than that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:53 pm 

its a keeper league so all the top 2B are going to be kept and if not I'm too far down in the draft to be able to snag one. I'm trying to avoid getting Hilled by arron hill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:24 pm 

I dont see either breaking out, but Espinosa is always close to 20/20, with better counting stats

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 pm 

kothatsme wrote:
its a keeper league so all the top 2B are going to be kept and if not I'm too far down in the draft to be able to snag one. I'm trying to avoid getting Hilled by arron hill

I will say that I like Hill more than Espinosa. If you look at Hill's past four years, 2011 looks like the odd ball. 3 out 4 25+ HR. While I don't see him being the #2 2B next year like he did in 2012, I do think he stays in the top 5.