It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Off season Draft Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:45 am 

Hey Grey,

First off I want to say I love the new website design and all of the articles you have been posting.

I just recently took over a 10 team 30 man roster dynasty fantasy baseball league. Every 3 years they each cut 10 players and have a draft. I have the third pick in the draft and it does not snake so I have the third pick each round. My team is okay taking a quick glance at it as I just got given it yesterday and the draft is tonight at 10 est. This is my team:
Catcher-
1st Base-
Chris Davis
Nick Swisher
Michael Cuddyer
2nd Base-
Dan Uggla
Aaron Hill
Shortstop-
3rd Base-
Ryan Zimmerman
Outfield -
Alfonso Soriano
Jayson Werth
Alex Rios
Chris Young (Oak)
Starting Pitchers-
Jerad Weaver
Adam Wainwright
Matt Garza
Tommy Milone
Colby Lewis
Ervin Santana
Relief Pitchers-
Chris Perez
Grant Balfour

I of course need to draft a short stop and a catcher in the first couple rounds since I have none. Some of the notable players that I have seen on the list are as follows: (I put this list together really quick)
1. Jimmy Rollins
2. Wilin Rosario
3. Derek Holland
4. Hiroki Kuroda
5. Greg Holland
6. Edwin Jackson
7. Ben Zobrist
8. AJ Griffin
9. Sergio Romo
10. Yonder Alonso
11. Angel Pagan
12. John Axford
13. Tim Hudson
14. Vance Worley
15. Francisco Liriano
16. Ricky Nolasco
17. Corey Luebke
18. Ubaldo Jiminez
19. Michael Pineda
20. Jason Vargas
21. Randall Delgado
22. Kyle Lohse
23. Drew Smyly
24. Josh Beckett
Logan Morrison
Cameron Maybin
Carlos Gomez
Zach Wheeler
Tyler Skaggs
Oscar Taveras
Erick Aybar
Dexter Fowler
Todd Frazier
Yonder Alonso
AJ Pierzinski
Ivan Nova

I am thinking of taking Jimmy Rollins first round and Wilin Rosario 2nd round if everything works out. Is that a good idea or is there another player that I should target more then either of those? Maybe Zobrist? Thanks for any help and sorry this is so long! Also I can have a 3 player minor league team and every other team has players stashed away and I have none so if I want to try and wait on Wheeler, Taveras, and Skaggs I could and add them to that team after the ten round draft.

Post subject: Re: Off season Draft Help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:55 am 

Thanks for the kind words! I'd take Zobrist, Rollins, Aybar, in that order... Then Wilin... If Wilin's gone, I'd punt catcher, and take the best available pitcher...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:05 am 

Thank you for such a quick response! I am pretty positive that Zobrist will be available from looking at other teams needs. Love the fact that he will have SS eligibility this year!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:17 pm 

fish72292 wrote:
Thank you for such a quick response! I am pretty positive that Zobrist will be available from looking at other teams needs. Love the fact that he will have SS eligibility this year!

Zobrist would be great pick up. I would probably take Rosario over Aybar if Zobrist is gone and you are scrambling. Although I completely agree, if Rosario is gone, punt C.