Streaming with The Fredsies

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
User avatar
Simply Fred
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby Simply Fred » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:22 am

Charles, thanks for Francis!
Eh, Westbrook: headsup 1.58 WHIP/.320 avg against/4K in 12 IP, not worth it-SIT.

Huntrusty: Miley with a whopping 20.7% HR/FB percentage the last 30 days. Normally, sit, BUT a 33.0% 0-Swing%, 2.67 siera (last 14 days). AZ a hitters park, but Miley carries a 2.72 era there. HOU '30/30 so as weak an opponent as one can get. Agree with you, have to take my chances that astros roasts.

mindspin311
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 am

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby mindspin311 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:53 am

Pomeranz is receiving an 8 on the ESPN Daily notes

-Facing SD at home (so obviously the OPS is in his favor)
-O-swing% is only at 26.0%
-Heads up is 50/50, one good one bad outing
12 Team / Yahoo! / Roto / Redraft / 1 DL Slot
Hitting: R / H / 2B / 3B / HR / RBI / SB / BB / AVG
Pitching: GS / W / L / SV / K / ERA / WHIP / RAPP / QS

Roster TBD

User avatar
Simply Fred
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby Simply Fred » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 am

just don't see the upside to POMZ. in 9 IP headsup: 3K, 6 BB, 2 L. Could pitch a good game and still give you very little . SIT.

mindspin311
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 am

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby mindspin311 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 am

Simply Fred wrote:just don't see the upside to POMZ. in 9 IP headsup: 3K, 6 BB, 2 L. Could pitch a good game and still give you very little . SIT.


Thats what I figured

I did go ahead an add McAllister though
12 Team / Yahoo! / Roto / Redraft / 1 DL Slot
Hitting: R / H / 2B / 3B / HR / RBI / SB / BB / AVG
Pitching: GS / W / L / SV / K / ERA / WHIP / RAPP / QS

Roster TBD

User avatar
snky allgtr
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: Milwaukee
Contact:

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby snky allgtr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Anyone have thoughts on whether to run Dempster out tonight? I usually hate starting @ STL, but I already sonuvabenched him last week and don't want to do it again...

Wind:
Blowing in from LF @ 11 mph

Dempster:

31.4% O-swing %
3.82 SIERA
0.95 ERA away
2.29 ERA night
4 ER, 9 H, 1 BB, 5 K in 6 IP @ STL this year
3.63 ERA @STL from 2009-2011
0 ER in 11 IP over last two starts (ARI, @NYM)

STL OPS:

5th vs RHP
7th at home
7th at night

Dempster's pitching numbers are mainly green lights, while STL batting numbers are huge red lights...I am leaning towards starting him anyways but would definitely like to hear from other Dempster owners...

EDIT: According to ESPN the Dodger's made an offer on Dempster. I'd love to have him in the NL West!

Eddy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby Eddy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 pm

snky allgtr wrote:Anyone have thoughts on whether to run Dempster out tonight? I usually hate starting @ STL, but I already sonuvabenched him last week and don't want to do it again...

Wind:
Blowing in from LF @ 11 mph

Dempster:

31.4% O-swing %
3.82 SIERA
0.95 ERA away
2.29 ERA night
4 ER, 9 H, 1 BB, 5 K in 6 IP @ STL this year
3.63 ERA @STL from 2009-2011
0 ER in 11 IP over last two starts (ARI, @NYM)

STL OPS:

5th vs RHP
7th at home
7th at night

Dempster's pitching numbers are mainly green lights, while STL batting numbers are huge red lights...I am leaning towards starting him anyways but would definitely like to hear from other Dempster owners...

EDIT: According to ESPN the Dodger's made an offer on Dempster. I'd love to have him in the NL West!


It's a definite tough call but I'm runnin him out there because I have a sizeable lead in my peripherals in H2H. Depends on if you can take the damage.

Eddy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby Eddy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Eddy wrote:
snky allgtr wrote:Anyone have thoughts on whether to run Dempster out tonight? I usually hate starting @ STL, but I already sonuvabenched him last week and don't want to do it again...

Wind:
Blowing in from LF @ 11 mph

Dempster:

31.4% O-swing %
3.82 SIERA
0.95 ERA away
2.29 ERA night
4 ER, 9 H, 1 BB, 5 K in 6 IP @ STL this year
3.63 ERA @STL from 2009-2011
0 ER in 11 IP over last two starts (ARI, @NYM)

STL OPS:

5th vs RHP
7th at home
7th at night

Dempster's pitching numbers are mainly green lights, while STL batting numbers are huge red lights...I am leaning towards starting him anyways but would definitely like to hear from other Dempster owners...

EDIT: According to ESPN the Dodger's made an offer on Dempster. I'd love to have him in the NL West!


It's a definite tough call but I'm runnin him out there because I have a sizeable lead in my peripherals in H2H. Depends on if you can take the damage.


Just saw he gave up 4 ER in 6 IP last time out @STL. On second thought, I think I'm going to sit him.

User avatar
snky allgtr
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: Milwaukee
Contact:

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby snky allgtr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah I'm leanin that way now since ratios are my biggest concern. Thought I'd mention I've gotten a lot of good numbers from Pestano this year. 32.8% O-swing% with 2.64 SIERA. 4.4% owned in ESPN. He's got a very weak opponent this weekend (BAL). Not sure if he makes Fred's cut or not for his MR list on the top of this thread...
10 Team, 1/4 PPR
QB Luck
RB(2) Bell, Freeman
WR(2) Edelman, Cobb
TE Watson
FLEX Allen
DEF Green Bay
K Catanzaro
BENCH(6) Crabtree, Gordon, Vereen, Starks, Johnson Jr., McFadden

User avatar
Simply Fred
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby Simply Fred » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm

SNKY: shake that tail! Dempster 5 games running 0 ER. The 4 ER to STL was early. He is the best pitcher in MLB right now. Wind in @11mph. STREAM!

Pestano easily makes that cut. Just that somebody else in our league has been getting all that you have. Will add him to the top.

Eddy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Streaming with The Fredsies

Postby Eddy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:04 pm

snky allgtr wrote:Yeah I'm leanin that way now since ratios are my biggest concern. Thought I'd mention I've gotten a lot of good numbers from Pestano this year. 32.8% O-swing% with 2.64 SIERA. 4.4% owned in ESPN. He's got a very weak opponent this weekend (BAL). Not sure if he makes Fred's cut or not for his MR list on the top of this thread...


Pestano has been a roto-favorite this year. Worth a pick up for sure.


Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests