It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Rank these outfielders???
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:03 am 

I need to drop two of these OF's but I can't decide who is on the chopping block! So I figured some expert ranking would make it easier to do.

Chris Duncan
Franklin GutiƩrrez
Jordan Schafer
Colby Rasmus
Ryan Spilborghs
Matt Joyce

Post subject: Re: Rank these outfielders???
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:07 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Chris Duncan and Matt Joyce.

By a decent margin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:15 am 

I agree Joyce is definitely at the bottom but Duncan??? I have a weird feeling he is going to be decent this season

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:43 am 

They're all so similar, depends what you value for your team. Joyce is a definite. Right now Duncan's looking good, so no need to drop him right now. Spilborghs has the most assured job, but he's a 13/13 OF. FraGu is a 15/15 OF, with a lousy average. Rasmus has the most upside but no assured time and Schafer has upside, but might be too raw still.

I'd lose Joyce and FraGu... His lineup is lousy, his upside isn't that great and he could kill you on average.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:01 pm 

1. Chris Duncan
2. Colby Rasmus
3. Ryan Spilborghs
4. Matt Joyce
5. Franklin GutiƩrrez
6. Jordan Schafer

Duncan is your premier outfielder of this bunch. He'll produce more hits, HR's, and RBI's than the others. The problem with Duncan is he doesnt have a solid every day spot on the Cards roster. He's fighting with your number two, Colby Rasmus. Rasmus has the potential to be a prime time major league player. In my opinion the other 4 on this list arent worth your time. If you go with either of the top two, i'd have someone on the bench to fill in from day to day as TLR (Tony LaRussa for those of you unfamiliar with the abreviation) likes to change of the lineup from game to game.