It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Jorge Cantu
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:32 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Loney's been on my team so long (I drafted him) I guess I overlooked him. Not overpowering in anything but steady.

Hasn't really hurt me but hasn't helped much either, guess I've been fortunate. Think I'll give Cantu a whirl for a while. Thanks guys.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:10 pm 

Hasn't helped you and you've been fortunate? Eh, Loney's a poor man's Conor Jackson. Eff around with Cantu for a little while. You can always go back to someone as good as Loney.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:24 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Another HR for Cantu (off Camels) - glad I didn't jinx him like I did Capps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:30 pm 

He (Cantu) gets to thirty. He's overdrafted next year. He's a disappointment in '09. Guaranteed.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:04 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Hasn't helped you and you've been fortunate? Eh, Loney's a poor man's Conor Jackson. Eff around with Cantu for a little while. You can always go back to someone as good as Loney.

Yeah and just noticed Loney not playing tonight. I stuck Larry Wayne in, picked Cantu up after midnight so can't play him till tomorrow.

Larry Wayne gets the start against the dreaded Cubbies. I'd say that's fortunate.

10 team roto, never won before, up 20 pts right now with a .291 Avg .372 OBP, 3.21 ERA 1.17 Whip. Fortunate? That's Razzball baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Grey

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:07 pm 

BigFatHippo wrote:
Grey wrote:

10 team roto, never won before, up 20 pts right now with a .291 Avg .372 OBP, 3.21 ERA 1.17 Whip. Fortunate? That's Razzball baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Grey

That's awesome. You thank Rudy too.

You're welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:11 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thank you Rudy.

Throwing Hamels, Webb, Kazmir (I'll take it), Billingsley, and Parra tonight. Decided to start Parra because you guys said so. Don't make me come out there.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
He (Cantu) gets to thirty. He's overdrafted next year. He's a disappointment in '09. Guaranteed.

Another HR for Cantu. Was that thirty before the ASB? Seriously, I agree about being overdrafted. In keeping with my point that started the topic, I think Pena was overdrafted, too. Also Pronk - but that's another story.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:51 pm 

peter wrote:
Grey wrote:

Another HR for Cantu. Was that thirty before the ASB? Seriously, I agree about being overdrafted. In keeping with my point that started the topic, I think Pena was overdrafted, too. Also Pronk - but that's another story.

Yup, yup and ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:53 pm 

cantu or mark reynolds as a fantasy 3B for the rest of the season?
i think right now cantu is batting about 30 points higher AVE, has a few less RBI and a few less R and one or two less HR. also a few less SB, but reynolds 5 might be fluky.
cantu hits third generally whereas reynolds hits fifth or even sixth sometimes.
do you guys like cantu better for the rest of the season? will he maintain a high enough average to make up for having a few less HR and RBI probably (though perhaps he will end with more runs). also i guess he has less PT at stake (since tracy is back).
don't know why i compare these two...