It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Utley ADP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:07 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I can't believe that Utley slid to the the fourth round (#37) in a recent 'Pert draft on MDC. http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/2009_fa ... raft_1.jsp. To me, this sounds a heck of a lot like the mid-winter prognosticating that had everyone ready for Pujols' demise.

Here's the ADP info for Utley:
Currently 26th (26.53); has been taken as high as 8 and low as 42. He is only being taken percentage points earlier than Dustin Pedroia (26.92), who has been taken as early at 10th (!!!) and as late as 39th (probably closer to real value??).

I can remember folks saying to avoid Utley early last season following his hand/wrist injury. Is there something more serious about the hip to which I should pay attention, or should I just be ecstatic that he's falling so low?!?

Post subject: Re: Utley ADP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:44 am 

Utley in the 4th round is pretty silly. I have Utley ranked 11th on my soon to be released top 20. I think once we get to the spring and Utley's set to return on Opening Day, he'll suddenly bump everyone's draft sheets. The Pujols parallel form last year is a good one.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:01 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

how long has it been since his operation ? a month ?

while i applaud utley's optimism about his return date , i am mindful that it runs way ahead of his doctors' prognosis .

keeper leagues not withstanding , if i'm going to draft utley , i'm going to want him at "fighting weight" and not rehabbing on the field .

as such , for keeper league purposes , i expect his ADP to be mid to late first round , depending on league size .
for one year leagues , it wouldn't surprise me to see his ADP hover around the 20-25 pick . i can't see NOT passing on him , as i don't expect a 1st half return to form .

but , then again , i'm not a doctor .

i did stay in a holiday inn express , once .... when i went to camden yards ... not bad for inner-city accomodations .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:30 pm 

Due to his position, he's worth an early 2nd round pick even if he returns on May 1st and misses a whole month. But seeing Utley return from a broken wrist in 2007 points to him being a quick healer. It's not ideal but a 2nd baseman who gives you 80/20/80/.300/10 is very valuable and those are base numbers. The only thing this surgery might hamper into the season is his basestealing ability (his pivot and burst of speed to steal are hampered by the hip surgery). So he might have 5 to 7 steals instead of 10 to 15.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.