It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Cooley Conundrum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:45 pm 

So Cooley is out and I just missed picking up Shiancoe by 5 minutes this past Saturday (What are the odds that as I am logging in to pick him up, the manager of the team I'm playing this past weekend calls to tell me he just grabbed him and is happy because he was playing Dustin Keller?). So I was pissed about that, but not too worried because I all ready had Cooley. Well this is what happens when you procrastinate. Your good TE breaks an ankle, and you lose out on another good TE by 5 minutes to a friend who isn't really a fried, but more of an acquaintance, and only an acquaintance because you play fantasy sports with the guy. Which by the way, in some leagues makes the guy more like family than anything. So anyways, here is the question. I have my choice of Zach Miller (Jamarcus Russell, gross), John Carlson (a healthy hasselback could do wonders, but there a lot of targets in Seattle), Benny Watson (bye week), or Tony Scheffler (getting better each week, so could have some nice upside). What do you think? I could just go with a weekly matchup of the best TE available. which I could throw Marcedes Lewis into the mix for this week or Brandon Pettigrew. Thoughts? Comments? Think I write too much by giving you a back story on my lack of TE problem?

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

Post subject: Re: Cooley Conundrum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:00 am 

Miller or Carlson. The one thing JaMarcus can do is throw straight balls in the middle (JaMarcus has 0 touch on the deep ball or any fade). Miller moving forward should be at least a very low end TE1/TE2.

Agree on Carlson, yet Seattle's oline is so banged up he might be forced to block more than one would like. Dude definitely has skills though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:43 am 

Just wing it this week and pick up the best matchup available, but next week I am all for the man stepin up to take cooley's spot Fred Davis. The man is a beast when it comes to catching the ball, and he will be campbell's new best freind if you ask me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm 

I was looking at Davis actually. Cooley was one of the more productive TE's in the league, so Davis could possibly have some big numbers.

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)