Team Evaluation - Bench Adjustment Help Please

Start, sit, who to acquit? My QB just lost a finger, wuss, who should I pick up?
buckfever1974

Team Evaluation - Bench Adjustment Help Please

Postby buckfever1974 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:28 am

PPR league that also awards 1 point for every 10 return yards. There are only five bench spots. Passing TDs are worth 6 points. Three WR, 2RBs and Flex. (We picked 12th in snake draft)

Starters:
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Ray Rice, David Wilson
WRs - A. Johnson, Jordy Nelson, TY Hilton
TE - Cook
Flex - Sproles (PPR-Return Yards)
K - Forbath
DEF/SPT - Tampa Bay (Last pick...play Jets week #1)

Bench:
RB - Powell
WR - Michael Floyd, Chris Givens, Josh Gordon & Rueben Randle (Return Yards-Cruz/Nicks banged up)

Statement: The RBs obviously thinned out quick and picking 12th, we saw alot of our sleeper/breakout RBs go before we had a chance to grab them so we went with Rice and Sproles as the first two picks. SProles projects as a top 8 RB in PPR and with return yards on almost all websites. Return Yards are the kicker. We didn't draft back-ups at positions like QB, K, TE, DEF.

Question: There are a few players that were left as FAs after the draft that are very appealing. They include QB-Jay Cutler, RB - Roy Helu, RB - Joique. Bell. The first two scream out as guys that need to be owned. To be honest, Powell has looked bad and may not even be the back-up once one of the Jets other RBs come back from injury. Should I grab one of those FAs as back-ups and if so, who should I drop? I would think Powell or would you drop Powell and Randle and get both Cutler and Helu?

Question: We took Sproles so early, 13th overall because of the PPR, receiving yards and return yards. He was the #10 back last season in that scoring system and #2 overall in 2011. Did we make the right move?
H2H Points League

C - Lucroy
1B - Encarnacion
2B - Devon Travis/Dustin Pedroia (DL)
SS - Peralta
3B - Arenado
OF - Betts
OF - Gomez
OF - J. Upton
DH - D. Span/Reddick/Moreland/Dickerson(DL)

SP - Sale, Scherzer, Richards, Liriano, Lynn
RP - Familia

Bench SPs - T. Ross, Hammel, T. Walker, Ed. Rodriguez, Graveman & D. Fister

Sky

Re: Team Evaluation - Bench Adjustment Help Please

Postby Sky » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 am

buckfever1974 wrote:PPR league that also awards 1 point for every 10 return yards. There are only five bench spots. Passing TDs are worth 6 points. Three WR, 2RBs and Flex. (We picked 12th in snake draft)

Starters:
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Ray Rice, David Wilson
WRs - A. Johnson, Jordy Nelson, TY Hilton
TE - Cook
Flex - Sproles (PPR-Return Yards)
K - Forbath
DEF/SPT - Tampa Bay (Last pick...play Jets week #1)

Bench:
RB - Powell
WR - Michael Floyd, Chris Givens, Josh Gordon & Rueben Randle (Return Yards-Cruz/Nicks banged up)

Statement: The RBs obviously thinned out quick and picking 12th, we saw alot of our sleeper/breakout RBs go before we had a chance to grab them so we went with Rice and Sproles as the first two picks. SProles projects as a top 8 RB in PPR and with return yards on almost all websites. Return Yards are the kicker. We didn't draft back-ups at positions like QB, K, TE, DEF.

Question: There are a few players that were left as FAs after the draft that are very appealing. They include QB-Jay Cutler, RB - Roy Helu, RB - Joique. Bell. The first two scream out as guys that need to be owned. To be honest, Powell has looked bad and may not even be the back-up once one of the Jets other RBs come back from injury. Should I grab one of those FAs as back-ups and if so, who should I drop? I would think Powell or would you drop Powell and Randle and get both Cutler and Helu?

Question: We took Sproles so early, 13th overall because of the PPR, receiving yards and return yards. He was the #10 back last season in that scoring system and #2 overall in 2011. Did we make the right move?

Yeah I love your starters but a bit worried about your RB depth. Your WR depth is crazy good, though. Hopefully one of your bench guys goes off and leaves you with room to move a big name WR for an RB to balance that out. Like your team; I would drop Powell for Helu in a PPR setting.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Return to “Football - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”