It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Team Evaluation - Bench Adjustment Help Please
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:28 am 

PPR league that also awards 1 point for every 10 return yards. There are only five bench spots. Passing TDs are worth 6 points. Three WR, 2RBs and Flex. (We picked 12th in snake draft)

Starters:
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Ray Rice, David Wilson
WRs - A. Johnson, Jordy Nelson, TY Hilton
TE - Cook
Flex - Sproles (PPR-Return Yards)
K - Forbath
DEF/SPT - Tampa Bay (Last pick...play Jets week #1)

Bench:
RB - Powell
WR - Michael Floyd, Chris Givens, Josh Gordon & Rueben Randle (Return Yards-Cruz/Nicks banged up)

Statement: The RBs obviously thinned out quick and picking 12th, we saw alot of our sleeper/breakout RBs go before we had a chance to grab them so we went with Rice and Sproles as the first two picks. SProles projects as a top 8 RB in PPR and with return yards on almost all websites. Return Yards are the kicker. We didn't draft back-ups at positions like QB, K, TE, DEF.

Question: There are a few players that were left as FAs after the draft that are very appealing. They include QB-Jay Cutler, RB - Roy Helu, RB - Joique. Bell. The first two scream out as guys that need to be owned. To be honest, Powell has looked bad and may not even be the back-up once one of the Jets other RBs come back from injury. Should I grab one of those FAs as back-ups and if so, who should I drop? I would think Powell or would you drop Powell and Randle and get both Cutler and Helu?

Question: We took Sproles so early, 13th overall because of the PPR, receiving yards and return yards. He was the #10 back last season in that scoring system and #2 overall in 2011. Did we make the right move?

Post subject: Re: Team Evaluation - Bench Adjustment Help Please
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 am 

buckfever1974 wrote:
PPR league that also awards 1 point for every 10 return yards. There are only five bench spots. Passing TDs are worth 6 points. Three WR, 2RBs and Flex. (We picked 12th in snake draft)

Starters:
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Ray Rice, David Wilson
WRs - A. Johnson, Jordy Nelson, TY Hilton
TE - Cook
Flex - Sproles (PPR-Return Yards)
K - Forbath
DEF/SPT - Tampa Bay (Last pick...play Jets week #1)

Bench:
RB - Powell
WR - Michael Floyd, Chris Givens, Josh Gordon & Rueben Randle (Return Yards-Cruz/Nicks banged up)

Statement: The RBs obviously thinned out quick and picking 12th, we saw alot of our sleeper/breakout RBs go before we had a chance to grab them so we went with Rice and Sproles as the first two picks. SProles projects as a top 8 RB in PPR and with return yards on almost all websites. Return Yards are the kicker. We didn't draft back-ups at positions like QB, K, TE, DEF.

Question: There are a few players that were left as FAs after the draft that are very appealing. They include QB-Jay Cutler, RB - Roy Helu, RB - Joique. Bell. The first two scream out as guys that need to be owned. To be honest, Powell has looked bad and may not even be the back-up once one of the Jets other RBs come back from injury. Should I grab one of those FAs as back-ups and if so, who should I drop? I would think Powell or would you drop Powell and Randle and get both Cutler and Helu?

Question: We took Sproles so early, 13th overall because of the PPR, receiving yards and return yards. He was the #10 back last season in that scoring system and #2 overall in 2011. Did we make the right move?

Yeah I love your starters but a bit worried about your RB depth. Your WR depth is crazy good, though. Hopefully one of your bench guys goes off and leaves you with room to move a big name WR for an RB to balance that out. Like your team; I would drop Powell for Helu in a PPR setting.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.