It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Just finished my draft, pick 2 in 12 teamer Non-PPR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:16 pm 

Hey fellas,

I just finished my live draft in which I had the 2nd pick. I'm not in love with my team but I think it's solid. Anyways, here it is (the number in parenthesis is the round player was taken in)

QB- Romo (6) WR- Marshall (2), Wayne (5), DJAX (7)
RB- Martin (1), D. Wilson (3) Flex- Sproles (4)
TE- J. Cook (11) K- Akers (17) D- didn't draft one

Bench- S. Vereen (8), Mike Williams (9), Vick (10), J. Blackmon (12), K. Moreno (13), P. Harvin (14), C. Michael (15), A. Dobson (16)
I really like my starters but I'm not in love with my bench after Vereen, Williams and Vick. Blackmon is talented but the Jags are lousy especially at QB, Moreno may not even have a role with Denver, Harvin may not play this season and Michael and Dobson were decent values.

What's the verdict? Be as honest as can be.

QB- P. Rivers WR- A. Brown, M. Crabtree, G. Tate
RB- Forte, Shady Flex- Ellington
TE- Daniels K- Bryant D- Houston

Bench- T. Brady, M. Ingram, CJ?K, O. Beckham Jr., J. McKinnon, D. Adams, A. Dixon

Post subject: Re: Just finished my draft, pick 2 in 12 teamer Non-PPR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:04 pm 

Not a bad team, really. Probably wouldn't have drafted Wayne in a non-PPR league. Actually like that you drafted Mike Williams; has 8-10 TD potential. With Blackmon as your WR5, I'd look to move Wayne for a wideout who's more of a redzone target or perhaps pair him with Sproles to see if you can get get an RB upgrade; Darren's solid but he's got the same 'PPR-stud but in standard he's just ok' thing going on as Wayne. Personally don't think Harvin will be on your roster by the time you'd actually want to use him.

Overall, not bad. Do wish at least one of your flex RBs was more of a redzone guy then a PPR stud (Sproles/Vereen). They'll still produce but a huge part of their value is for their receptions.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 am 

Hey Sky,

Would you give up Reggie Wayne and Darren Sproles to get back MJD and Miles Austin?

QB- P. Rivers WR- A. Brown, M. Crabtree, G. Tate
RB- Forte, Shady Flex- Ellington
TE- Daniels K- Bryant D- Houston

Bench- T. Brady, M. Ingram, CJ?K, O. Beckham Jr., J. McKinnon, D. Adams, A. Dixon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:43 am 

If I'm getting Miles, I'd probably want a more reliable RB name then MJD to get back. Not saying I hate him, just feel like it's undercutting on value a bit.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.