Roster: 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1WR/TE, DST, K
12 rush/receive yards per point
30 pass yards per point
20 return yards per point
6 points per rush/receive TD
4 points per pass/return TD
-1 point per INT/Fumble
1 point per reception

We keep two each year, and you have to draft the player two rounds before he was drafted last year. The league is increasing from 10 to 12 managers this year, and the new managers will get to pick keepers from unkept players on other rosters. My potential keepers (with rounds that I'd have to draft them) are as follows:

LeSean McCoy (2nd)
Randall Cobb (11th)
Jimmy Graham (8th)
Russell Wilson (11th)
David Wilson (13th)
Danny Amendola (13th)

With our scoring setting, Cobb was the 3rd-best WR in the league last year (11th highest player overall), so I'm definitely keeping him. The question then is who to pick for my other keeper. I'd been assuming I'd want to take Graham, since he's got the highest ADP (other than McCoy, who wouldn't give me any value as a 2nd-round keeper). But since we start 2 QBs, I'm now leaning toward keeping Russell Wilson. That would free me up to take a RB with my top two picks, which I would sorely need, since it looks like AP, Martin, Foster, Spiller, Rice, Lynch, Morris, and Sproles are all going to be kept. If I'm lucky, I could make it out of the top two rounds with S-Jax and Reggie Bush (or something similar), and then grab someone like Luck or Romo in the 3rd round.

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Keeper Question, Return Yardage + PPR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 am 

It's tough but I'd keep both Wilsons there. Wide Receiver is too deep to be keeping one that's not a Megatron/Dez type. As much as I like Jimmy Graham, you have great value in David Wilson who has RB1 potential. That would free you up to go after whatever you wanted in the first few rounds.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:21 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks for the response. I've been going back and forth a lot. Randall Cobb actually outscored Dez Bryant in our league last year, so I still think he's worth keeping, even though WR is so deep. I'm convincing myself to take David Wilson as my second keeper, but I'm not sure what to make out of the talk of Wilson's poor performance in pass protection. How likely do you think it is that he loses significant time to Andre Brown?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:29 am 

Hrm, if you're keeping Cobb regardless, you shouldn't be keeping David in a 2QB league. Just go RW3. Wilson's a bit of a gamble, just think you can get Cobb back in the draft if that's who you want. You probably don't get David Wilson back in a keeper league.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

You may be convincing me to go the Wilson & Wilson route. I just want to make sure I've got a sure thing with my keepers, and David Wilson doesn't seem to be guaranteed enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 pm 

Understandable. My thing is always where you can get guys in the draft and the viability of getting them back if you really want them. RB is always a crapshoot but you're spending a late round pick to find out and can bouy him with other picks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:44 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Got it. I'm almost guaranteed not to get Cobb, though. The two new managers get to pick keepers from unkept players on other managers' rosters, so if I don't keep him, someone else will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:59 pm 

Gotcha. That said, I'd have to guess David Wilson would be in the same boat. In either case, you've got a nice conundrum there with all those late round values. No chance of off-season moves, I take it?