It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Championship round
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:11 am 

Hey Sky,

Thanks for your help this season. You and Grey do an awesome job!

I'm in a 14 team PPR league and I just picked up Brinkley. I was just wondering how you would play these guys.

Wes Welker
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon
Greg Jennings
Mike Williams
Chris Johnson
Spiller
Curtis Brinkley

I have 3 WR slots, 2 RB slots and a flex. I was thinking Welker, Shorts, Blackmon, Johnson, Spiller and Brinkley.

Sadly my team has been decimated by injuries. MJD on the bench, lost Harvin and was forced to drop Garcon and Amendola earlier in the season... Didn't get em back in time... Still in the finals though!

Thanks again!

Post subject: Re: Championship round
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:26 pm 

Hey that's great to hear!

Yeah, I think you're rolling with the right guys. Only suggestion would be to keep your ears peeled on news of how they plan to use Brinkley and if Brown is healthy enough to play but overall, your logic is sound.

Good luck this week!

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 am 

Now that it looks like Brown is going to play Brinkley is out... Brown and Battle are available, but don't really want to roll the dice on any of them with the possibility of 3 backs sharing touches.

For my flex spot who do you like the most this week:

Greg Jennings
Mike Williams
Jermichel Finley
Jon Dwyer

I'm also somewhat considering playing Arizona over Pittsburgh Defense. How would you feel about that? Pittsburgh hasn't been nice to me all season...

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:03 pm 

piv wrote:
Now that it looks like Brown is going to play Brinkley is out... Brown and Battle are available, but don't really want to roll the dice on any of them with the possibility of 3 backs sharing touches.

For my flex spot who do you like the most this week:

Greg Jennings
Mike Williams
Jermichel Finley
Jon Dwyer

I'm also somewhat considering playing Arizona over Pittsburgh Defense. How would you feel about that? Pittsburgh hasn't been nice to me all season...

Thanks again!

Ugh, that's tough. I don't think any of those guys have the upside to Brinkley who may lose passing downs but I'd still hold my breath to see how they plan to implement the committee before I make a commitment to another guy. Out of them, I'll take Dwyer but not with confidence.

The Steelers are a good real life defense but a poor fantasy option most weeks in standard leagues. I'm not high on either defense this week but think you'll get more TOs out of the Cards than you will the Steelers.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.