It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sky: Trade D Williams for Luck?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:26 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Should I trade away DeAngelo Williams for Andrew Luck? I could use Luck in week 5 for Stafford's bye and have some insurance against a Stafford injury. His hamstring issue gave me a scare. Available on waivers are Palmer, Cutler, Weeden, Cassel, Kolb & Wilson.

12 Team Yahoo .5 PPR, .2 PPC, QB TD=6

QB M Stafford
WR Mike Wallace
WR D Bowe
RB D Murray
RB A Bradshaw
TE J Finley
W/R M Leshoure
BN B LaFell
BN DeA Williams
BN M Bush
BN D Amendola
BN Shaun Hill

DEF Falcons
D J Laurinaitis
K S Gostowski

Post subject: Re: Sky: Trade D Williams for Luck?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 am 

If Palmer is available, I don't think you need to do that trade. Just drop Shaun Hill for him.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:59 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I thought about that too. And that might be best for the rest of the season, but Palmer is on a bye week 5, same as Stafford. So I'd have to roll with a QB like Wilson, Cutler, Weeden, Sanchez, Cassel or Kolb for week 5 if I didn't pick up Luck in a trade for week 5 and then keep him as my backup QB. Still think I shouldn't trade DeAngelo Williams for Luck? Or is that still too much just for a bye week fill-in and rest of season backup QB?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:49 pm 

birdog wrote:
I thought about that too. And that might be best for the rest of the season, but Palmer is on a bye week 5, same as Stafford. So I'd have to roll with a QB like Wilson, Cutler, Weeden, Sanchez, Cassel or Kolb for week 5 if I didn't pick up Luck in a trade for week 5 and then keep him as my backup QB. Still think I shouldn't trade DeAngelo Williams for Luck? Or is that still too much just for a bye week fill-in and rest of season backup QB?

Thanks!

I think you can survive one week with one of those guys. Not really seeing your justification for trading away an RB with a defined role for a guy you think you're really only starting once while holding onto Hill. Just rotate to one of those QBs for that one week and then pick up Palmer.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:25 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

OK. Sounds logical. Thanks for all your replies!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:43 am 

birdog wrote:
OK. Sounds logical. Thanks for all your replies!

No problem! Don't get me wrong, I like Luck but I just hate giving away a RB if I don't have to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:01 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Me too. I'll prob just pick up Alex Smith or Kolb for Stafford's week 5 bye. Hasselbeck and Cutler are also available. Minus 2 points for a sack or INT. You think Smith?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:58 am 

birdog wrote:
Me too. I'll prob just pick up Alex Smith or Kolb for Stafford's week 5 bye. Hasselbeck and Cutler are also available. Minus 2 points for a sack or INT. You think Smith?

Minus 2 on the QB for sacks? That's just mean. Cutler/Hasselbeck/Smith/Kolb is how I'm ranking them right now. Cutler could be in for a good day vs the Jags...of course he could also get sacked 7 times but he has the best matchup out of the 4.