It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keeper league trade
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 am 

Ray rice is a third round keeper

I'm offering Harvin, Forte and Miles Austin for Rice. Too much? Not enough?

Other owner has rg3 and Foster as potential keepers next year. We only keep two.

BUT

I was just offered Felix (no. 3 pitcher/357pts) and d'Anaurd (who is still eligible to be kept as a minor leaguer)

for Greinke (no. 14 pitcher/283pts) and Kris Bryant

I'm in the playoff hunt... my team is in signature...

Do I make this deal and worry about Baez or d'Anaurd as my 1 keeper in the off season?

my ONLY complaint about Felix is the lack of run support in a league where we get 10 points per win...

Post subject: Re: Keeper league trade
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:08 am 

That's too much. At least that's my answer until I know more about who you'd keep if you didn't make this trade and their round values.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 am 

My other keeper options are Chris Johnson in the 11th rounder. Stafford 9th

What about from the perspective of the other owner who has foster and rg3 as potential keepers

BUT

I was just offered Felix (no. 3 pitcher/357pts) and d'Anaurd (who is still eligible to be kept as a minor leaguer)

Do I make this deal and worry about Baez or d'Anaurd as my 1 keeper in the off season?

my ONLY complaint about Felix is the lack of run support in a league where we get 10 points per win...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am 

Zoot wrote:
My other keeper options are Chris Johnson in the 11th rounder. Stafford 9th

What about from the perspective of the other owner who has foster and rg3 as potential keepers

But wouldn't that mean you shouldn't be overpaying for him then? That's a really imbalanced trade even for a keeper league.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 am 

ive lost the last 4 in a row. i have the second most points this year.. im going to be in 6th place at 4-6 after this week.. frustration has started to set in.

should i be ok with CJ and Stafford as my two keepers

BUT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 am 

Zoot wrote:
ive lost the last 4 in a row. i have the second most points this year.. im going to be in 6th place at 4-6 after this week.. frustration has started to set in.

should i be ok with CJ and Stafford as my two keepers

Can understand your frustration but don't see how you won't be moreso after you trade away two top end WRs and an RB1 for an RB1...

It's not the best combo but you're basically giving up on your season making that trade. You have the second most points and are in 6th place - read, still in the hunt for the playoffs - and you're trying to do something ridiculously drastic that won't help you. Not making much sense to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 pm 

ok.. i guess i just was baffled why the other owner didnt like the trade.. just frustrated and starting to hit the panic button.. needed someone to talk my off the ledge hahah.. thanks, as usual.

BUT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:37 pm 

Zoot wrote:
ok.. i guess i just was baffled why the other owner didnt like the trade.. just frustrated and starting to hit the panic button.. needed someone to talk my off the ledge hahah.. thanks, as usual.

Yeah, given your situation, that move wouldn't really help you anyways. If your league is a keeper league, the commish should extend the deadline for the trade season anyways...at least that's my two cents.