It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keeper League - Romo/Leshoure for Stafford
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:49 am 

Would you trade Romo and Leshoure for Stafford?

Stafford will cost $33 next year (no matter what)
Leshoure would cost $13 if kept
Romo would cost $32 if kept

It's a standard 12-team, QB/RB/RB/Flex/WR/WR/TE/D/K league with a $200 auction budget each year.

My current team:

QB: Romo
RB: Rice, McCoy, Leshoure, Dwyer, Hillis
WR: AJ Green, DeSean Jackson, D Moore, Antonio Brown, James Jones
TE: Graham

I'm basically giving up a $13 Leshoure for an upgrade from Romo to Stafford. Stafford at $33 next year isn't much of a bargain, plus I wouldn't be able to drop him even if he gets injured.

Post subject: Re: Keeper League - Romo/Leshoure for Stafford
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 pm 

Given all the negatives you just mentioned, I don't see that as a good trade for you long term even if it helps you ROS.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 am 

What about Romo plus Denarius Moore (potential $13 keeper next year)?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 am 

Maybe your wording is confusing me...didn't you say you can't drop him even if he gets injured and that you have to keep him? Do you have to keep Romo?

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 am 

Sorry about the confusion. Stafford must be kept next year for $33 by whoever owns him at the end of the year. Romo could be kept, but it's unlikely given the price.

The Stafford owner has struggled and most likely will not make the playoffs. He's got an eye on next year's team. I'm trying to give him a decent keeper in exchange for the upgrade from Romo to Stafford. But there is longer-term risk with Stafford since he can't be dropped until after the 2013 season.

I have Rice, McCoy, Green, and Graham this year so I'm feeling a sense of urgency. I will likely only keep McCoy ($50) next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 am 

Charles wrote:
Sorry about the confusion. Stafford must be kept next year for $33 by whoever owns him at the end of the year. Romo could be kept, but it's unlikely given the price.

The Stafford owner has struggled and most likely will not make the playoffs. He's got an eye on next year's team. I'm trying to give him a decent keeper in exchange for the upgrade from Romo to Stafford. But there is longer-term risk with Stafford since he can't be dropped until after the 2013 season.

I have Rice, McCoy, Green, and Graham this year so I'm feeling a sense of urgency. I will likely only keep McCoy ($50) next year.

Yeah, ok exactly. I don't see pinning myself to Stafford at a price I'm not willing to pay for 2013 a good idea so I wouldn't be trying to work a trade for him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:57 am 

That makes sense. My team is definitely competitive this year, but only 5-4. Maybe I unfairly blame Romo like everyone else does!

I could also make a play for either Megatron or Roddy. They could be kept, but it's unlikely due to the price.

Would you offer Leshoure ($13 keeper), Moore ($13 keeper), neither, or both?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:03 pm 

Charles wrote:
That makes sense. My team is definitely competitive this year, but only 5-4. Maybe I unfairly blame Romo like everyone else does!

I could also make a play for either Megatron or Roddy. They could be kept, but it's unlikely due to the price.

Would you offer Leshoure ($13 keeper), Moore ($13 keeper), neither, or both?

If I got either guy for both those players, I would be very happy for this season.