Sell AP plus Gates for A Foster?

Is Joe Blow enough for Joe Schmo?
phizzics

Sell AP plus Gates for A Foster?

Postby phizzics » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Right now I'm thrilled that AP looked so good yesterday, but to be honest I think that at some point this year the wear and tear will shut him down. I just received an offer to trade my Gates and AP for Arian Foster, and even with his injury history I think Foster is a safer bet on a better team.

I'd wind up with Martellus Bennett instead of Gates, which is probably a pretty big drop in spite of Bennett's nice game in week 1.

I could really use some advice...

Sky

Re: Sell AP plus Gates for A Foster?

Postby Sky » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:11 pm

I don't think Foster's health history warrants that trade.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

phizzics

Postby phizzics » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks! I suppose that's true. I was looking at as trading my 3rd and 6th round picks for #1 overall, which sounds like a no-brainer, but AP could well outperform Foster this year if that knee problem that cropped up in week 1 becomes a long-term issue.

Sky

Postby Sky » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:28 pm

phizzics wrote:Thanks! I suppose that's true. I was looking at as trading my 3rd and 6th round picks for #1 overall, which sounds like a no-brainer, but AP could well outperform Foster this year if that knee problem that cropped up in week 1 becomes a long-term issue.

Yeah, AP could finish as a top 10 or even top 5 RB this year and Antonio Gates - health permitting - is a top 5 guy at his own position. Just think you're giving too much and you're not getting a guarantee is all.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Return to “Football - Trade Talk”