1B-Votto
2B-Utley
3B-Beckham
SS-Hardy
OF-Braun
OF-Ellsbury
OF-Francouer
UTIL-Guerrero

SP-Greinke, Oswalt, Billingsley, Slowey, Hughes, Cueto, CJ Wilson, Harang, Hochevar, R-Wells, Hammel (just picked him up)
RP-Bailey, Dotel, Johnson

So far this year, i traded josh johnson brandon phillips and coghlan for utley slowey and shields, then turned around and flipped shields and porcello for billingsley in the preseason. Thats how i was able to get braun and utley on the same offense. I also have an offer out to a mets fan that he told me he would probably do... francouer for bruce, which im really hoping i get.

Im hoping my pitching will come around. The reason i carry so many pitchers is to hit the 15 start weekly max to maximize points, most teams do not carry more than 1 or 2 bench hitters, and I don't see a reason for any at all. I am currently 1-1 and in 6th place after a measley 2 point (!!) loss this week.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this team? I would love to hear what u think about it, and how you rate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BELOW IS THE SCORING FORMAT FOR THE LEAGUE:

Hitting:
5 points for a total base
5 points for runs and rbi
3 points for walks
10 points for steals
-5 for caught stealing
-2 for strikeouts

Pitching:
45 points for wins
35 points for saves
15 points for holds
15 points for an inning pitched
3 points for a strikeout
-10 for earned runs
-5 for hits allows
-2 for walks issued
-10 for blown saves
-15 for losses
15 points for complete games
15 points for shutout

Post subject: Re: Suggestions, Comments, Rating for My Fantasy Team
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:43 pm 

bruz55 wrote:
12 Team H2H Points KEEPER leauge
15 start weekly max for pitchers
5 keepers are kept from year to year

C-Wieters
1B-Votto
2B-Utley
3B-Beckham
SS-Hardy
OF-Braun
OF-Ellsbury
OF-Francouer
UTIL-Guerrero

SP-Greinke, Oswalt, Billingsley, Slowey, Hughes, Cueto, CJ Wilson, Harang, Hochevar, R-Wells, Hammel (just picked him up)
RP-Bailey, Dotel, Johnson

So far this year, i traded josh johnson brandon phillips and coghlan for utley slowey and shields, then turned around and flipped shields and porcello for billingsley in the preseason. Thats how i was able to get braun and utley on the same offense. I also have an offer out to a mets fan that he told me he would probably do... francouer for bruce, which im really hoping i get.

Im hoping my pitching will come around. The reason i carry so many pitchers is to hit the 15 start weekly max to maximize points, most teams do not carry more than 1 or 2 bench hitters, and I don't see a reason for any at all. I am currently 1-1 and in 6th place after a measley 2 point (!!) loss this week.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this team? I would love to hear what u think about it, and how you rate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BELOW IS THE SCORING FORMAT FOR THE LEAGUE:

Hitting:
5 points for a total base
5 points for runs and rbi
3 points for walks
10 points for steals
-5 for caught stealing
-2 for strikeouts

Pitching:
45 points for wins
35 points for saves
15 points for holds
15 points for an inning pitched
3 points for a strikeout
-10 for earned runs
-5 for hits allows
-2 for walks issued
-10 for blown saves
-15 for losses
15 points for complete games
15 points for shutout

For a 12 team league, that doesn't look that shallow, you seem to have a bunch of holes. Is your offense keeping pace? With no MI and one UTIL, is Hardy the best guy out there? Hopefully you do get Bruce with Francoeur cause you could use an OF upgrade. Your pitching looks better than average, but with those categories you probably need even better. Those guys at the end of your staff aren't hurting your team more than helping?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions, Comments, Rating for My Fantasy Team
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm 

grey,

my offense currently has the most points in the league through the first two weeks. smart pickups like garrett jones the first two days of the season, and jose guillen for a couple days last week have helped me alot in my OF3 spot, especially since ellsbury went down.

the other SS that are available are desmond, tejada, o-cab, theriot, everth, alcides, pennington. thats it. id prefer a guy like hardy who brings power to the table as well as hits in a great offense. i should have pounced on furcal when i had the chance, but i was a day too late. i am definitley keeping my eye on desmond though.

as far as the pitching staff, i would say my staff is slightly above average but it isnt performing as well. i picked up hammel on a hunch this week @ washington, he is more of a stream guy. i believe in hochevar with the increased velocity and plan on holding him for now.