It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: RCL - Post Draft
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:12 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Quote:
As I briefly mentioned during the draft, yesterday, I had to make an unexpected trip to the Stanford Emergency Room to take my mother-in-law for a broken arm.

You should have given her half a broomstick and some duct tape.

Just kidding.

I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end. I wouldn't worry too much about your team, other than the Fonz I don't think you are that much further behind the 8-ball than the rest of us. The good news in such a deep league is that prospects are going to be goldmines compared to the scrubs you drafted in rounds 15 and up. I think the crap teams need to give up on their seasons and go with the youth movement. Come on Mariners, throw in the towel.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:15 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Lincecum is available for trade. I'm looking for a bat that fell in the 30-40 draft position range... not asking for anything spectacular, but I'm going to be picky. I'm going to take the best offer I get in the next couple of weeks or so, otherwise I'll just sit on him and hope for the best.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

Last edited by IowaCubs on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 am 

waters96 wrote:
Anyway, I'm looking forward to being in an active league and again, good luck to everybody.

I think if nothing else, this above point is really the thing you all should appreciate. Even if you don't win, at least you won't have people quitting right after the draft.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:19 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
waters96 wrote:
Anyway, I'm looking forward to being in an active league and again, good luck to everybody.

I think if nothing else, this above point is really the thing you all should appreciate. Even if you don't win, at least you won't have people quitting right after the draft.

Gee... thanks Sgt. Slaughter.

Why do I feel the G.I. Joe theme song coming on?

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:40 am 

Grey wrote:
Cocky's Ballas - CockyPhoenix -- Very solid team, early frontrunner.

Made my day you said that. Quentin and one other pick were auto because my stolen wifi crapped out and/or I went to get a beer, but I think I recovered. The depth of this league is insane; the free agent market looks like a JV softball team.

OCP... RCL #1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:10 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

p0rk burn wrote:
Quote:
As I briefly mentioned during the draft, yesterday, I had to make an unexpected trip to the Stanford Emergency Room to take my mother-in-law for a broken arm.

You should have given her half a broomstick and some duct tape.

Just kidding.

I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end. I wouldn't worry too much about your team, other than the Fonz I don't think you are that much further behind the 8-ball than the rest of us. The good news in such a deep league is that prospects are going to be goldmines compared to the scrubs you drafted in rounds 15 and up. I think the crap teams need to give up on their seasons and go with the youth movement. Come on Mariners, throw in the towel.

I think that yesterday's draft was a lot like going home with some skank you met at a bar 10 minutes before last call. You're drunk and, at the time, stoked that you got lucky, but when you wake up the next morning, you take a look, and internally scream, "what the f-ck." However, unlike said skank, in Razzball, you are stuck with your schmohawks for the rest of the freakin' season.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

IowaCubs wrote:
Grey wrote:
waters96 wrote:

Gee... thanks Sgt. Slaughter.

Why do I feel the G.I. Joe theme song coming on?

That's what I was trying to say. Of course, everybody's trying to kick everybody's ass, but it is the act of trying that is the good thing. Unlike some of my Yahoo public leagues where I'm in first place by 35 points.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:25 am 

IowaCubs wrote:
Lincecum is available for trade. I'm looking for a bat that fell in the 30-40 draft position range... not asking for anything spectacular, but I'm going to be picky. I'm going to take the best offer I get in the next couple of weeks or so, otherwise I'll just sit on him and hope for the best.

I love reading about trades, going to your roster, and realizing ya got nothin' to trade with beyond your first 3-5 picks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am 

Salty - Hamilton was 6th on my board too. Holliday was the only guy in front of him when I picked first round.

OCP... RCL #1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

bsa wrote:
IowaCubs wrote:

I love reading about trades, going to your roster, and realizing ya got nothin' to trade with beyond your first 3-5 picks.

Yeah, in such a large league you have to look at making trades for players you would normally think are Schmohawks or worse.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next