It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: RCL A Latin 9 Team Division
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:48 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

@ThirdandKing - Over 100 players were drafted before I took Carpenter, so it wasn't like I was reaching. Based on what I saw at the end of the year, I would have drafted him in the same position again. Certainly some of my other picks could legitimately be criticized, especially Mike Aviles, Carlos Guillen and Jose Lopez, who have done nothing this year, and possibly Scott Baker, who had some red flags attached, but at 18th pick you can start going for high risk players with upside.

On the other hand, your team has gotten off to a razztastic start, so I tip my hat to you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 am 

Grey wrote:
Where's your team?

Page 5, March 25th, just before the projected finish post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:30 am 

@no1gandolf

You are of course correct. That far down in the draft the rounds kinda cease to have much meaning; it's just get the guys you want. And, as I said, I took Carpenter not only this year (in another league, obvs.), but last time he did this, too.

I guess our boss is a boo-booish Carpenter. HEY-OHHH!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:26 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

"guess our boss is a boo-booish Carpenter..." Yeah!

I have to tip my hat to anyone who picks a pitching staff that has an ERA of 2.269 after two weeks of play.

We are not worthy!

And to think - some of the schmohawks in our league were laughing at some of your choices in the draft. We are not laughing anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:30 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

"So who’s #1 at the two week mark? ThirdandKing’s ‘L’Atelier de Joël Piñero’ is crushing the field right now with an 106.5 point score in the toughest league (A Latin 9)."

Again, nice work. The rest of the field is chasing you for the lifetime supply of Taco Bell.

Paulie Allnuts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 pm 

BKK wrote:
Trade # 2 in the Latin 9: Created a bit of a stir from one owner in the league. Boils down to a bottom of the barrel donkey-corn for a 5-Cat lite OF'er. SAGNOF for SAGNOF. Pretty inconsequencial from my standpoint, but hey, I was one of the traders.

What a colossal failure this trade was for me! And my outfield was crap to begin with. I gave away a good piece for Hanrahan who laid a Cleveland Steamer nearly every night except the night I left him on my bench and he threw a shutout inning of relief - no SV lost however.

Oh, well. Onward and upward as they say.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8