It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: RCL A Latin 9 Team Division
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:13 pm 

Nice, master standings have been updated. Now you just need to give an update after the draft with the teams. Or tell the rest of your peeps to copy their teams into the forums. Ask Steve if you have any questions.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:33 pm 

cfrancis wrote:
OK, we're finally fully up and ready to go. Draft order is set (below is not the draft order). Here are the teams and owners:

(1) - Golden Fried Ludwickians - Christopher Francis
(2) - AL KOHOLIC - kelly denzik
(3) - It Burnetts when I Peavy - BKK
(4) - My Little Pwnies - Peter Gleek
(5) - Team danmccor - Dan McCormick
(6) - Torre's Honker - LISA ORTON
(7) - Team Fargo Esophagus - Paul Nebenfuhr
(8) - L'Atelier de Joël Piñero - David L
(9) - Team pwangsta - Peter Wang
(10) - Emporers Monkey - josh likens
(11) - Yuck The Fankees - Dennis Paulic
(12) - Team Stagg - Tony Stagg

Once again, here is the link: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=141506

It Burnetts when I Peavy will now be know as:

Jairangulous Zamzuzaka

Grey, Could you change my my "Razzball handle" to BKK too. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:28 am 

cool. made the updates. good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 am 

so are we supposed to paste our team here?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:10 pm 

Grey wrote:
Nice, master standings have been updated. Now you just need to give an update after the draft with the teams. Or tell the rest of your peeps to copy their teams into the forums. Ask Steve if you have any questions.

RD PLAYER TEAM POS
1 Grady Sizemore CLE OF
2 Lance Berkman HOU 1B
3 Aramis Ramirez CHC 3B
4 Alexei Ramirez CHW 2B
5 Corey Hart MIL OF
6 Derrek Lee CHC 1B
7 Carlos Pena TB 1B
9 Jhonny Peralta CLE SS
10 Joe Mauer MIN C
16 Rickie Weeks MIL 2B
17 Fred Lewis SF OF
19 J.D. Drew BOS OF
22 Chase Headley SD OF
25 Jack Cust OAK OF

8 Daisuke Matsuzaka BOS SP
11 Francisco Cordero CIN RP
12 Carlos Zambrano CHC SP
13 Aaron Harang CIN SP
14 Justin Verlander DET SP
15 Chad Qualls ARI RP
18 Jair Jurrjens ATL SP
20 Ubaldo Jimenez COL SP
21 Chris Ray BAL RP
23 Octavio Dotel CHW RP
24 Andy Pettitte NYY SP

I found this one of the most difficult drafts as most guys were using similar strategy and many a good hitter were leaving the board fast and furious. I think my biggest disappoint is my outfield. I had intended to take some of the big hitters in the earlier rounds but I blinked and they were all gone. Probably should have grabbed one more where I took Lee or Pena. My BA is gonna suck big time.

My pitchers are high risk, but high reward. Would have been nice to have one more bonafide closer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:18 pm 

BKK wrote:
[
RD PLAYER TEAM POS
1 Grady Sizemore CLE OF
2 Lance Berkman HOU 1B
3 Aramis Ramirez CHC 3B
4 Alexei Ramirez CHW 2B
5 Corey Hart MIL OF
6 Derrek Lee CHC 1B
7 Carlos Pena TB 1B
9 Jhonny Peralta CLE SS
10 Joe Mauer MIN C
16 Rickie Weeks MIL 2B
17 Fred Lewis SF OF
19 J.D. Drew BOS OF
22 Chase Headley SD OF
25 Jack Cust OAK OF

8 Daisuke Matsuzaka BOS SP
11 Francisco Cordero CIN RP
12 Carlos Zambrano CHC SP
13 Aaron Harang CIN SP
14 Justin Verlander DET SP
15 Chad Qualls ARI RP
18 Jair Jurrjens ATL SP
20 Ubaldo Jimenez COL SP
21 Chris Ray BAL RP
23 Octavio Dotel CHW RP
24 Andy Pettitte NYY SP

I found this one of the most difficult drafts as most guys were using similar strategy and many a good hitter were leaving the board fast and furious. I think my biggest disappoint is my outfield. I had intended to take some of the big hitters in the earlier rounds but I blinked and they were all gone. Probably should have grabbed one more where I took Lee or Pena. My BA is gonna suck big time.

My pitchers are high risk, but high reward. Would have been nice to have one more bonafide closer.

Wow, your outfield is pretty bad. Fred Lewis is a great sleeper for a 5th outfielder, 3rd outfielder not so much. Other than your outfield, I like your hitters. Not sure if you have enough steals to compete, but that's fixable. Your pitching's not one I would draft. Zambrano, Harang and Verlander might give you one starter and two headaches.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:18 pm 

My Little Pwnies

C J. Saltalamacchia
1B J. Votto
2B D. Uggla
3B E. Longoria
SS J. Reyes
MI R. Theriot
CI M. Jacobs
OF M. Kemp
OF J. Dye
OF J. Upton
OF C. Maybin
OF D. Young
DH H. Matsui

P C. Billingsley
P E. Volquez
P J. Broxton
P R. Nolasco
P B. Fuentes
P J. Cueto
P B. Lyon
P M. Corpas
P M. Parra

Bench C. Perez
Bench O. Perez
Bench B. Arroyo

I didn't really intend to draft so much youth, but it ended up falling to me that way it seemed. They were rated over my other options at the time so there's some risk.

I also dont usually take so many closer options but they too seemed to fall to spots I was comfortable taking them. I agree this was a weird draft only in that people were reaching like crazy to get the "razzball guys" (mark reynolds in the 12th for example) and ended up leaving the unsexy guys around a lot of the time. Was fun. Should be a fun season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:12 pm 

Team: Yuck The Fankees

RND PLAYER POS --- Comment
------------------
1 Mark Teixeira 1B --- I've got a mancrush on Tex
2 Ian Kinsler 2B --- Would have prefered Utley but you can't have everything
3 Nick Markakis OF --- mmm...got a cravin' for some Tzatziki
4 Alex Rios OF --- Don't hate it
7 Garrett Atkins 3B --- Hopefully I get to exploit the bats from mile high.
9 Troy Tulowitzki SS --- See Atkins.
10 Vernon Wells OF --- Voodoo doll nearly complete. Just need to slather it with Rub-A535. Anyone know where I can get a really small heating blanket?
11 Conor Jackson OF --- Maybe a little early but I didn't think he'd last another round
14 Jorge Cantu CI --- Was lookin' for a good whor...er...Jorge.
15 Xavier Nady OF --- My Grey Poupon pick of the night.
17 Jed Lowrie MI --- Decent value for round 17
18 Kelly Shoppach C --- Prolly coulda waited for K-Shop (sounds like a Quicky mart)
20 Denard Span OF --- Needed a token twinky and I couldn't bring myself to draft Kubel.
22 Nick Swisher BN --- meh
25 Ian Stewart 3B --- Held on to him too long last year and paid for it. Time to payback Stewy!
-----PITCHING-----
5 Dan Haren P
6 John Lackey P
8 Scott Kazmir P
12 Carlos Marmol RP
13 Max Scherzer P
16 Joey Devine RP
19 Wandy Rodriguez P
21 Jeremy Guthrie P
23 Grant Balfour RP
24 Brad Penny P

I agree with BKK in regards to this being a difficult draft....I blame you! (I'm pointing at Grey and Rudy). Since everyone (for the most part) seemed to have similar value on players it ultimately led to players going 1-2 rounds earlier than a typical ESPN or Yahoo! draft, with the exception of Mark Reynolds/CD-Lite who went 4 rounds earlier. (Great timing with that post Grey! :( )

I made a weak attempt to switch up my strategy midway and stack up on pitching but then got nervous between rounds 9-11. I started to fear that unless I grabbed some bats now I'd be left with Swisher and Span...doh!!
Unfortunately, by the time rounds 18-25 came around the Robax Platinum was in full effect and I'll have to admit, the concentration was not what it should have been.

All in all it was fun and it should be a challenging year.

Good luck everyone. (fingers crossed)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:23 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

To echo previous statements, this was a fascinating draft. I saw players come off the board ahead, sometimes well ahead, of where I expected, given my assumption that the vast majority of the league are regular readers here. The loss of certain players definitely changed the way I thought my team would look.

Rd 1, p4 - David Wright 3B - actually thought about Miggy, but had to face Grey in the morning..."do you still respect me?"
Rd 2, p21 - Prince Fielder 1B - ringing in my ears: "If you don't get one in this tier..."
Rd 3, p28 - Brandon Phillips 2B - maybe should've gone for a power OF, but Kemp was gone...
Rd 4, p45 - Carlos Quentin OF - wanted Alexei here but he was gone; besides, CQ sounds better than Al-Ram
Rd 5, p52 - Shane Victorino OF - I feel the need, the need for speed...
Rd 6, p69 - Josh Beckett SP - wasn't going to do SP until after Rd 6, but there's Josh on the street hiking his skirt at #69
Rd 7, p76 - Carlos Delgado Util or CI - too early for C or RP, so why not?
Rd 8, p93 - Brad Lidge RP - I lookup and say to myself, "Self, Lidge is still there" and Self replies, "Eh could do worse..."
Rd 9, p100 - J.J. Hardy SS - panic...shear panic...
Rd 10, p117 - Brad Hawpe OF - who knew Upton, Cruz and Milledge would be gone so soon; thought I'd be able to come to them
Rd 11, p124 - Adam Wainwright SP - Beckett needed someone to be the man...
Rd 12, p141 - Chien-Ming Wang SP - ...and someone to hold the camera
Rd 13, p148 - Chris Iannetta C - what was I thinking? I could've waited on this!!!
Rd 14, p165 - David Price SP - He'll be a starter...at some point...won't he?
Rd 15, p172 - Carlos Gomez OF - If he wears an "S" on his shirt, does that make him "S CarGo"?
Rd 16, p189 - Matt Garza SP - man, I didn't want so many AL pitchers...
Rd 17, p196 - Jered Weaver SP - ...but i just can't stop myself. I need AL-Anon
Rd 18, p213 - Dallas McPherson Util or CI - prolly should've ben Balentien 'cause he as a "W" in his name
Rd 19, p220 - Yunel Escobar MI - prolly should've been Burriss
Rd 20, p237 - George Sherrill RP - Someone to hold hands with Lidge on those long summer nights in the bullpen...
Rd 21, p244 - Jose Arredondo, RP - ...he's just here for the food
Rd 22, p261 - Franklin Gutierrez OF - nothing wrong with a little Fra-Gu, or, as I like to call him "Klin-tierrez"
Rd 23, p268 - Hideki Okajima RP - this was an affirmative action pick
Rd 24, p285 - Chris Dickerson OF - maybe, just maybe, he'll earn this 28th pick
Rd 25, p292 - Matt Thornton RP - uh...it was late?

C Iannetta
1B Fielder
2B Phillips
3B Wright
SS Hardy
MI Escobar
CI Delgado/McPherson
OF Quentin
OF Victorino
OF Hawpe
OF Gomez
OF Gutierrez
Util Dickerson/McPherson/Delgado

SP Beckett
SP Wainwright
SP Wang
SP Garza
SP Weaver
SP Price (eventually....)
RP Lidge
RP Sherrill
RP Okajima
RP Thornton
RP Arredondo
------------------------
I think I'm hurting in power, avg and Ks, but we'll see...

Whole Votto Love
10-team 5x5 Standard H2H
C Castro
1B C Davis
2B Phillips
3B Longoria
SS Peralta
OF x 3 J Upton, A Jones, McCutchen
Util x 2 Choo, D Brown
Bench Seager
DL A Jackson
P Zimmerman, Moore, Cobb, Peavy, Ryu, Liriano, Straily
RP Wilhelmsen, Mujica, K-Rod, Jansen
DL Henderson, Beachy

Last edited by cfrancis on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 pm 

gleeksquad wrote:
C J. Saltalamacchia
1B J. Votto
2B D. Uggla
3B E. Longoria
SS J. Reyes
MI R. Theriot
CI M. Jacobs
OF M. Kemp
OF J. Dye
OF J. Upton
OF C. Maybin
OF D. Young
DH H. Matsui

P C. Billingsley
P E. Volquez
P J. Broxton
P R. Nolasco
P B. Fuentes
P J. Cueto
P B. Lyon
P M. Corpas
P M. Parra

Bench C. Perez
Bench O. Perez
Bench B. Arroyo

I didn't really intend to draft so much youth, but it ended up falling to me that way it seemed. They were rated over my other options at the time so there's some risk.

I also dont usually take so many closer options but they too seemed to fall to spots I was comfortable taking them. I agree this was a weird draft only in that people were reaching like crazy to get the "razzball guys" (mark reynolds in the 12th for example) and ended up leaving the unsexy guys around a lot of the time. Was fun. Should be a fun season.

I love your hitters, Votto, Kemp, Reyes, Longoria... Thank you, come again. Your pitchers are on the risky side, but they're the tasty risky with lots of Ks. Overall, I like your team. Well played.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next