I had my 9 team AL draft yesterday and wound up with the following squad.
Our lineups consist of C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN. I feel alternatively good and bad about my team. I was surpised to see that I took pitchers with my 4 -7 picks though Verlander was a keeper from last year and by the time I took Fransico all of the 12 buck salads and most of the Donkey Corns were off the board. My bench is essentially upside so if I suffer an injury I may be in trouble though I can use one of my moves I suppose though we are limited to 3.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
1. (4) Ian Kinsler
2. (15) Kevin Youkilis
3. (22) B.J. Upton
4. (33) Cliff Lee - His injury is scaring me now
5. (40) Scott Baker
6. (51) Justin Verlander - kept from last year
7. (58) Frank Francisco
8. (69) J.J. Hardy
9. (76) Adam Jones - kept from last year
10. (87) Chris Pérez
11. (94) David Ortiz
12. (105) Billy Butler - kept from last year
13. (112) Travis Snider
14. (123) Ervin Santana
15. (130) Cliff Pennington
16. (141) Joe Nathan - potential keeper for next year
17. (148) Alex Avila - punted catcher in a big way
18. (159) Tyler Flowers - but went for upside
19. (166) Brad Ziegler - Oakland's bullpen seems to have a lot of sore arms
20. (177) Daniel Bard
21. (184) Randy Ruiz - in case Snider fails
22. (195) Chris Tillman
23. (202) Michael Taylor - don't know that he'll play much this year -more keeper potential
24. (213) Jeremy Guthrie - not sure what i was thinking. i
25. (220) Michael Brantley - will start at my UTIL and contribute sbs
26. (231) Reid Brignac - another headshaker. I think i just wanted to go home at this point.
I think besides Tillman in the last six picks... Kinda eh. Your pitching might hinge on Cliff Lee and his health. I think you might wish you had more flier SPs or something of trade value towards the end of your draft. Don't see a whole lot of this season upside. Brignac, I believe, had a good spring, so there's that, maybe.