RP Matt Capps (20)
RP Chris Perez (21)
BN Colby Rasmus (22)
BN Ryan Madson (24)
BN Kerry Wood (25)
BN Matt Thornton (26)
BN Michael Wuertz (27)
BN Clayton Richard (28)

As always, comment, question, or criticism is much appreciated.

There were a bevy of strategies on display. I'm beginning to see that the higher the stakes, the more likely people seem to go contrarian. I've seen a lot of guys doubling up on closers before the 10th round as a result of others refusing to pay or punting completely. One team did not draft a single power bat (punting HR?) and instead drafted 7 pitchers in its first 10 picks and a team with super high average, runs, and sb. As this was a weekly lineup league with FAAB, I'm happy to report that no one has drafted a team that is a clear streamer team.

I was only burnt a couple of times: (1) wanted Werth in the 5th but ended up with Granderson -- probably a wash; (2) had a queue in the 10th of Adam Jones, Carlos Quentin, Hunter Pence, and Alex Rios and they all got taken one after another. I ended up panicking a bit and taking the 'Nard Dog.

Otherwise, things went more or less to plan. I love Hamels this year, but passed on him in the 7th and he didn't make it back around (partially because I drafted Lester in the 6th and knew I could get two of my favorites for NL CY (Johnson/Nolasco/Kershaw/Ubaldo/Billingsley) in the coming rounds).

Post subject: Re: (Pretty Big) Cash Draft
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:43 am 

sean1981 wrote:
10/5x5

C Chris Iannetta (23)
1B Mark Teixeira (1)
2B Ian Stewart (12)
SS Alcides Escobar (16)
3B Evan Longoria (2)
MI Everth Cabrera (19)
CI Gordon Beckham (8)
OF Matt Holliday (3)
OF Grady Sizemore (4)
OF Curtis Granderson (5)
OF Carlos Lee (7)
OF Denard Span (11)
U Nolan Reimold (18)
SP Jon Lester (6)
SP Ubaldo Jimenez (9)
SP Chad Billingsley (10)
SP Kevin Slowey (14)
SP J.O. Sanchez (17)
RP Carlos Marmol (13)
RP Bobby Jenks (15)
RP Matt Capps (20)
RP Chris Perez (21)
BN Colby Rasmus (22)
BN Ryan Madson (24)
BN Kerry Wood (25)
BN Matt Thornton (26)
BN Michael Wuertz (27)
BN Clayton Richard (28)

Love how you balanced speed with Everth and Alcides. Your team looks light on average, not much else on the hitting side. Really solid pitching staff, but I think you're a starter short. Need one more guy unless there's some kind of max IP thing in your league that I don't know about.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Really solid pitching staff, but I think you're a starter short. Need one more guy unless there's some kind of max IP thing in your league that I don't know about.

Grey, I sort of saw that and picked up Clayton Richard, who I think will be the best pitcher calling Petco home. If he, as a sixth/matchup starter, isn't enough, who would you drop from my roster below and who would you put a claim on of the following available starters?

Arroyo, Blackburn, Bonderman, Cook, Jaime Garcia, Gio Gonzalez, Hammel, Hochevar, Colby Lewis, Niese, Parra, Paulino, Oli P, Rzepczynski, Anibal Sanchez, Chris Tillman, Uehara, Volstad, CJ Wilson, and Zito.

I'm leaning toward Garcia: lefty, NL, Ks, groundballs, and Dave Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 am 

sean1981 wrote:
Grey wrote:
Really solid pitching staff, but I think you're a starter short. Need one more guy unless there's some kind of max IP thing in your league that I don't know about.

Grey, I sort of saw that and picked up Clayton Richard, who I think will be the best pitcher calling Petco home. If he, as a sixth/matchup starter, isn't enough, who would you drop from my roster below and who would you put a claim on of the following available starters?

Arroyo, Blackburn, Bonderman, Cook, Jaime Garcia, Gio Gonzalez, Hammel, Hochevar, Colby Lewis, Niese, Parra, Paulino, Oli P, Rzepczynski, Anibal Sanchez, Chris Tillman, Uehara, Volstad, CJ Wilson, and Zito.

I'm leaning toward Garcia: lefty, NL, Ks, groundballs, and Dave Duncan

Sort of saw? Where? Might've been Rudy. Richard's fine though, can't hurt to pitch in Petco. I'd lose Wuertz for Garcia.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Sort of saw? Where? Might've been Rudy. Richard's fine though, can't hurt to pitch in Petco. I'd lose Wuertz for Garcia.

I meant sort of saw what you were seeing with the roster (that I was light in SP) and took a last round flier on Richard. I put a bid in on Garcia for Wuertz. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 am 

Ah, gotcha.